Thread: What does your favourite colour say about you?

Default What does your favourite colour say about you?

Just as the title says, what does your favourite colour say about you?

This is a self-awareness exercise, an opportunity to reflect on aspects of our own personalities.

I'll start.
    My favourite colour used to be purple - and remained purple for a long time. Recently, however, it's turned to pink, or rather, fuschia pink - a lovely strong, vibrant colour. I used to hate pink, mostly because during the 70s and 80s (yes, some of us remember those decades) they were horrible, manufactured, chemical shades. Like hot Barbie pink (*spew*) and candy pink and fluorescent lipstick pink. Now, I think the colour speaks to me because it has depth, but it's also lively, it is very close to the spiritual feel/tones of purple, but with more red groundedness in it. I now associate it with my creative practice - and I've gathered a nice little collection of fuschia pink treasures, like my pencil case with my coloured fineliners and stationery.

Black. Says I will always be a rebel at heart even though I might look like a mild mannered suburban housewife.

Default What does your favourite colour say about you?

Red.
    I 'think' it's supposed to mean I'm confident, outgoing, passionate, etc. it is meant to be a 'power' colour. I don't know if I buy all that, I just like the colour.

I love blue I used to have a blue bedroom think Clive petters logo. To me its calming and reminds me of water. But I am turning more to red love the passion and fire it inspires but struggle to wear it with confidence so its I'm my home decor I wear more pink shades instead.

My favourite colour is yellow but I've never looked into what that might say about me

I love pink. Lots of kinds of pink I used like red, but I think maybe I've changed because pink is softer?

I don't know what it says about me. Maybe that I'm a stereotypical girl. I don't think so, I just happen to like the colour.

DD's favourite colour is blue. I think it's because all her favourite things happen to be blue - Iggle Piggle, her Minnie Mouse top - and so she just loves blue.

I think my two favourite colours reflect two quite distinct sides to my personality. Marydean I'm like you, I love that rich, vivid pink, like magenta or raspberry. It's happy, vibrant and uplifting, it's a very positive colour. I a also love green, natural emeralds and grass greens but also softer minty greens. I've been described as calm and grounded so this fits, but like pink I also find it uplifting.

It's interesting, I also have colour ranges I am distinctly not attracted to, particularly autumnal combinations like brown, orange, rust.

I love purples and greens. Saying that I am beginning to love wearing red, there is just something more oomphy about it and I tend to get more compliments when I wear it

I like that calming Limey green colour makes me happy thinking about it

Red.

It says I have heart. I'm also fiery. I'm classy and a little bit racy when I want to be

Purple has been my favourite colour for a very long time.

Purple, aqua and silver are my broader palate.

But I pick red for most things. Red for litigation, red goes faster, etc. I have a red computer, phone covers, lipstick, handbag, overcoat, several pairs of shoes and boots, my diary ... I don't use them all at once

But over all, it depends! (Doesn't everything?) Some things I favour black, others blue, gold, etc. I heart my lime green jeans, my red cords, my black v-neck, my ink satin pyjamas, etc.

I like colour

In a place where Love is what we breathe!

Is it odd i'm not particularly drawn to one colour, but more so a rainbow, of colours, shades, and tones. This all depends on my mood and emotions (which change daily/hourly).

Actually, I love the shade of white the most. So clean and available to manipulation.

I love colour overall. There is something so touching about spying an exquisite colour somewhere, something that just sings to you.

Yellow. Happy

Green for me. I've always felt it's a calming colour, so maybe I wear it in the hope of being calm in the face of little boy hurricanes ...

Quote Originally Posted by lady_neon View Post
    My favourite colour is yellow but I've never looked into what that might say about me
    Neon, it's less about what "they" say the colour means about you, and more about what you think it might say about you.

So many to choose from!

Dark grey, dusky pink, duck-egg blue, deep purple, mint green, burgundy... I guess it says I like the richer things in life. Plus it's kinda sultry, like me.

(Please note that baby-girl pink, sky blue, tree green and bright red are no-goes: I don't have favourite colours but I do have favourite hues.)

I love green. Most greens I love about as much as I love orange and pink which are my next favourite colours... but kelly green kind of gets me in a flutter. If I see something in kelly green I either want to be near it, stare at it or own it.

I'm really not sure what that says about me. To me the colour is entrancing. Sort of calm with the promise of magic. I would love it that were a description of myself!