Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are you ever alone?

Default Re: Are you ever alone?

Not often, but now DD3 goes to bed around 7pm if I want to I can go out alone. Usually I spend alone time catching up with friends though. If I duck out for a massage that's me time, but obviously not alone! Sometimes DP goes out and I am alone in the evenings with all the girls asleep.

I think the day will come when I have alone time again, like I used to. For now, I'll enjoy the companionship of my babies because they won't be little and needing me for very long. It's not the season of my life when I get much time to myself. I've had it plenty before and I will again. I'm content with that.

Mine are all teenagers and I'm my partners full time carer. The only time I get to myself is 2 x 20 mins during term time, when I come back from taking DD1 to a before school lesson. It's my time to crank up the car stereo and sing badly to music I like. (DP has noise reactive epilepsy so I can't have my music loud when we're together).

When it's been a really bad week I have been known to take the long way home to get an extra few mins to myself.

Not much, and nothing regular. But I'm ok with it. I don't think I'm a person who needs a lot of alone time, but I do enjoy it sometimes. If it's been a hard day I might get a bath to myself when DH gets home or on the weekend. On the weekend I might duck out and do the groceries on my own and take my time a bit but not much because I have to get back for DD3's next feed.

I work 1 1/2hrs away. Everyone give me sypathy for the drive and triea to offer me alternatives eg why dont i work closer. But its my choice and i actually enjoy the drive because. It is my alone time. Its the time i use to process stuff. Its the time i can have pure silence, or i can crank the hard metal.
    Ideally id love alone time at home where i can sleep or have a bath by myself etc.. but i understand with a nearly 2yo and another on the way it isnt going to happen soon.

Before DD and DS I used to work horses at home about 3 days a week and teach school 2 days a week. Week-ends were full of me teaching riding and competitions. I loved the riding horses days.
    Between kids I was alone a lot!! My daughter was born an angel so I did not go back to teaching but hung out on the farm with the dogs and horses. It was bliss. I would go days without getting in the car. I occasionally invited people over or met friends in town but mostly I was alone.
    Now I am finally getting some time alone again. It has taken some work but DH has arranged his life so I have time to ride again most days and he looks after DS. I also love DS's sleep time in the day.
    I miss DS when I'm not with him but enjoy him so much more when I have had some time to myself.

I am sometimes alone on the train, but I'm often reading or working so it doesn't really count ...

Showers are part with the DSs, and then alone ...

That's about it!

Default Are you ever alone?

I have regular scheduled alone time each week. DD goes to FDC on Fridays (originally so I could do some casual teaching shifts) but I've been quite unwell so Fridays are mine and so are Saturday nights and I can have more time when I ask for it. DP has Wednesday nights to himself to go to his dance class and for dinner.
    If I don't get this time I become narky and critical and not very nice to be around.

Hahahha um NO

I'm an only child so I think I do need some alone time to just be with me. This is part of the reason I ride to work, it means I can switch off from home to work and work to home again.

Default Are you ever alone?

Im a right PITA. If I get alone time I love it. Too much I sulk. I love time with family/friends. Too much and I get overwhelmed. I'm yet to find the perfect balance lol. I might be slightly high maintenance. My husband is amazing he never complains. And sees his travel time as he time. The only thing he complains about is me needing me time lol. As he would spend every second with me if he could.

But let me tell you when I had small kids and worked I craved me time desperately. And now both kids are at school I crave company lol. Can't win.

Thats it...ive had a couple of days where Spock is at care and i have the day off or dont start work for a few more hours i get lonley... the world is boring without her around

Alone time at home is when im on the toilet. Even then velcro baby will find me and start banging on the door.

Since starting work in jan my alone time is on the train (1hr each way)

This is when i enjoy having an uninterrupted nap (still cosleeping bfing through the night) croceting or watching movies!

Does sitting in the dark under a sleeping toddler count? No one is asking me to do anything and I don't have to talk to anyone. It's all I'm getting at the moment so I'll take it

Lol emmjayt, I definitely get that kind of alone time! But I still crave time where I'm not being touched by anyone, I want to put him down when he's asleep and be able to do whatever needs to be done, on my own, with no one on me or needing me.

Rouge I'm very similar. Not enough time alone and u get cranky at everyone around me and start to hate the slightest touch. Too much and I'm lonely and just need company.

My weeks are usually pretty perfect. DD goes to daycare two days a week and it's enough for me to clean the house and do things for me, it's enough to recharge and because she's only there til 3 it's not long enough to miss her too much. If she was there longer or for more days I'd miss her and start to hate the time apart.

This week though DH has had time off work and DD not at daycare. So I've been surrounded, closely, for 10 days and our normal routine is out the window. Put that together with a baby who's started waking all throughout the evening and I don't even get the time between kids bedtime and mine.

Having a school run to do has helped because I can leave my DD2 with my mum for a while.

The 15 minute drives involves me turning up the radio so loud that my mirrors shake and just tuning out. It's so so good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12