Thread: endometriosis causing ovary pain?

Default endometriosis causing ovary pain?

Hi,

I had endo removed in 2007 from both sides of my uterus. Had extreme cramps every period and at different times during the month. Since then I have been diagnosed with PCOS and gone on to have 2 chn with the help of the drug clomid. Anyway, I have been on the pill the last year to help control my wacky hormones and I have been getting pain in my ovaries. At first it was mid cycle and just before my period started and I thought it was just my body adjusting to being back on the pill.

The ovary pain has been getting worse and happens all throughout the month. Sometimes will have for a few days, then other times a few hours. At times I have to take naprogesic when the pain gets bad. I had an ultrasound last week that showed everything looked normal. I have an appoint with my gyno but cant get in till end of Jan next year.

My GP thinks that endo is back, I had wondered this but I havent had painful periods - just ovary pain. Has anyone else had this??

If you have adhesions on your ovaries then it's entirely possible you could have endo again.

Could be...my endo wasn't on the ovaries so I never had ant pain there. Is skipping the sugar pills and having no periods an option for you? To see if it helps with your symptoms until you can see the gyno? Check with your GP, but it did help me.

I used to skip the sugar pills before I had my lap but because my periods havent been painful since I havent skipped as the ovary pain is happening throughout the month, hope its not on my ovaries this time - I want more babies!