Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fair-Trade Chocolate and Child Slavery

I thought it was only Cadbury's Dairy Milk which is far trade, the rest says nothing (at least in my local Coles)

Quote Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
    I thought it was only Cadbury's Dairy Milk which is far trade, the rest says nothing (at least in my local Coles)
    Likewise. I saw it splashed across the dairy milk box and looked at all the other chocolate and decided against buying any. I really hate how they make themselves look good but in actual fact it makes them look bad I think. It should have all been fair trade to start with!

It's a start though isn't it! HOpefully as the fair trade stock moves through the system they will bade everything fair trade. If it's not marked fair trade then I won't be buying it.

Check this out! My little bloke hankering to get into this block of Cadbury fair trade dairy milk and I happily let him. So happy to see they are listening to us. Pffft to those who say it won't make a difference

I signed a petition today by World Vision which will be sent to all the major chocolate companies to get them to go fair trade. They were also giving out free samples of free trade chocolate. We had a great discussion about Nestle and a few other things, and she was really pleased to see "people in the general public" (and I didn't take that badly iykwim ) were being educated about what's going on. So if you see them about sign the petition. I know boycotting will hit them harder but every bit helps!

In fairness to Cadbury, there might not be the supply for them to be able to make the whole range fair trade.

If we all buy the Dairy Milk (which IS fairtrade), then as their suppliers are able to expand - perhaps they'll increase it to the other ranges (if the popularity is there).

I'll be buying a block of Dairy Milk in the shopping this week - to show my thanks.

Ha! Great minds think alike.

There's also an incredibly delicious brand called Devine chocolate. Totally fairtrade, about 12 different flavours, completely delicious.
    But they don't import to Australia! Yet ...

Of course they're Devine. Just like me

this is true.

but I did not eat 20 blocks of you during my last trip to Hong Kong well, at least I don't recall doing so are you missing any limbs?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12