Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I bought myself a "Keep Cup"!

Smile I bought myself a "Keep Cup"!

I buy take away coffees at Gloria jeans and zaraffas a few times a week (say 3-4 times) and I've been feeling bad about the impact this has on our precious planet. My friend showed me hers and I thought what a great idea! Totally worth the money.

It's a reusable coffee cup with lid and I just throw it in my nappy bag and hand it over when I order a coffee!

Anyone else got one or similar? Imagine if we ALL had one. The difference this would make on our planet......

Yep. I have had one for about a year. They are great!

It IS a great idea! I want to buy one for my DH. Is the brand called 'Keep cup' Shanti? Can you buy them online?
    What brand do you have n2l?
    Thanks.

At work I just take my normal cup to the cafe and they fill it up. I also have a thermal cup - how are these different to a thermos-style cup?

I have a keep cup too and I love it. I think the difference Kaz is that not all coffee places will use a normal cup or a cup you bring in but they have committed to using the keep cups.

Oh nice one! I bought one from Typo for work but it's really hard to clean. I wish Maccas would take them - boo to them I get a coffee from there on the 2 days I work but they don't refill.

They are standard barista size too!!

Ash, got mine off eBay. Seemed to be the cheapest.

Used this today at Zaraffa's and I could swear that I got served faster than the other people there!! I ordered my coffee and saw about 4 others waiting for their already ordered coffees but mine came out before their's did?? well I guess I'm saving them some $$ by not using their cups

I just googled them and they look pretty good! The place where I get my coffees in town sells Maxwell Williams one that are china with a silicone lid, but I think that they are too heavy I'd probably break it leaving it in the car. But the keep cup is a good idea.

Hmmm I don't buy a lot of takeaway hot drinks, but I'd be interested in getting one!

Thanks Shanti.
    Yep, I am definitely buying one for DH. They do look good. Now I just have to decide on a size- medium, I think. What size do you have, Shanti?

Quote Originally Posted by *Ash* View Post
    Thanks Shanti.
    Yep, I am definitely buying one for DH. They do look good. Now I just have to decide on a size- medium, I think. What size do you have, Shanti?
    Yep, I've got a medium one..... works out to be a 'tall' at zaraffa's or a 'grande' at gloria jeans (so yeah, medium size)..... I am so glad I got the medium size.

Trillian - yep I know the one's you mean, I've seen them sold in book stores (out of all places ) but I thought the same, it would break and too heavy in my bag.

Trillian - I have one of those Maxwell Williams cups, it's good but they're deceivingly small! Because they're double walled to stop the cup getting too hot they actually hold as much coffee as a regular cup you'd have at home, not a big take-away cup! (that's in the larger option!) I like it and use it maybe once or twice a week, but my next investment would be a bigger Keep Cup!

Doodlebug, I think that is why they are so heavy! I looked in them too and wasn't overly impressed. I imagine that the smaller size ones would hold barely a small cuppachino size coffee. I'm going to get the big one because if I have a big one then I don't need a piece of cake to go with it LOL

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

I have had one for a while and use it everyday to make my latte at home and drink it on the way to work. Love it, it's the best thing ever!!! (one of the guys I work with calls it my sippy cup coz he thinks it's just like the cups you give to babies LOL)

I have just spent an enjoyable 15 minutes on the Keep Cup website, designing cups.
    It is hard to choose! I think I'm going to go with a warm grey, black and purple combo.

I knew there was a thread about this somewhere here….so how is everyone going with their keep cup? I really want one. It does put me off that Maccas won't use them as we often do a drive through on our regular long trips. But it sounds like most of the other coffee chains take it? Anyone had any problems with it not getting accepted?

I brought one just last week! I really like it. I have only used it at my fave deli though and they had no problems taking it. The biggest surprise for me though was that my large coffee that used to cost me $5 now only costs me $3.50 because I take my own cup! So it will pay for itself in no time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast