Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nestle: Brands To Avoid

I dont buy Milo anymore anyway - they have been openly using GM products for several years now

Heard something about Aktvite recently...will see if I can dig it up.

, please don't take the Akta Vite away...

As long as Cadbury is ok....I'm happy! Will miss my Nestle Rolo chocolate

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    , please don't take the Akta Vite away...
    There's still sippah straws (although they use lots of plastic).

We've just turned to Aktavite (thanks Christy) for Ashton's intolerances. Before that we were a milo family. I wont mention the 1kg of Nescafe coffee I brought today. LMAO. Was on special so stocked up

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

i heard recently, that NESTLE bought THE BODY SHOP (trying to "buy" a brand that has environmental credentials - well it did when Anita Brodderick owned/ran it).

When i was signing petitions in the early 90's, the story about NESTLE was that they used substandard, unsafe by western standards formula, instead of destroying it, they sold it to third world women. That's why there was such an uproar. ANd it was done in places without a good water supply, so on many many levels, it was really harmful to the children to drink, plus if there mothers could no longer get water, that meant the children had nothing to drink.

big thanks to Falguni for putting this list here, to kick this thread off.

i struggle too, with what to replace MILO with.

I prefer AktaVite to Milo, it's yum!!!

We've only ever bought Cadbury's Drinking Chocolate.

Thanks for making this a sticky.

kat, the coffee, was that was my fault??

It's amazing how many brands Nestle have their hands on, talk about controlling the market...

I totally second The Natural Confectionary Company lollies too! Lurrrvvvee the jelly babies! Once you eat them you'll never go back to other brands.

LOL Jols, Mum's actually she saw it cheaper at Woolies.

Gigi - The Body Shop was taken over by L'Oreal in 2006, which is in turn 24.5% owned by Nestle.

The Body Shop is a hard one to boycott - Nestle is earning profit from it, but in turn TBS support women and communities in minorities all over the world, every day and has done so for years. That part will never change. I used to work for TBS and it SUCKED when I realised Nestle had a part in it.

The Body Shop is a hard one to boycott - Nestle is earning profit from it, but in turn TBS support women and communities in minorities all over the world, every day and has done so for years. That part will never change. I used to work for TBS and it SUCKED when I realised Nestle had a part in it.
    Unfortunately one rotten apple spoils the whole barrell.

So if nestle started donating 20% of their earnings to charity (which they might do anyway for tax benefits) then it's ok to buy Nestle?

Where TBS fell short was selling out to such a company. Why do it? Does it all come down to money in the end? Just like it is with Nestle? Makes them no better really. That one last transaction makes me question the genuineness of their ethics code in the first place, probably a marketing ploy.

OOhhh dems fightin words Liz!

TBS did sell, but it was because Anita Rod**** was dying, she died less than a year after the sale. Yes it was L'Oreal and I had some issues (the Nestle thing) - but you have to take some things into account.
    TBS had soul. It was hand built by Anita who had a passion for causes, the no testing on animals and the community awareness/support was there from the start. I had the pleasure of meeting Anita a few years before she died. What a dynamic woman. She would NEVER sell her company to anyone that would ruin everything she worked for - would you?

TBS didn't start immediately testing on animals or kicking monkey around cages because L'O bought them out. They haven't done testing on animals for over 20 years anyway

The support for maginalised woman and communities around the world MUST continue, the work they do is amazing. The company Ethos is amazing and will stay. It's not throwing money at things, its providing a solid, stable way for thousands to provide themselves an income and rise from poverty. It was never, ever a marketing ploy it was/is a responsibility.

It sucks that Nestle have anything to do with it now. I hate that.

OOhhh dems fightin words Liz!
    Yeah look out.. i'm either very premenstrual, or I'm pg! LOL.

Thanks for your explainations!! Food for thought

Aldi's Milo equivalent is great, its called NRG Max (dreadful name but it tastes good!)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast