Thread: Score! List your op shop finds here :)

Smile Score! List your op shop finds here :)

This week:
    2 scarves, one was NWT, pair of swedish clogs, jodhpurs x2

In other finds:
    a german-made mulcher, solid timber (non-pine!) bookcase, gorgeous lamp base, Sheridan curtains

Your turn

I had one a couple of weeks ago - an original-style cabbage patch kid, with the woolly hair & daggy 1980's outfit. $7. SCORE!

Brand new KS Sheridan quilted valance in nuetral beige.

Near new birkenstock sandals for DD.

A gazillion other things for me, the house and DD

Beautiful big clay pot for $10, makes amazing curries!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Oh, Rooey, cool! I live near an artisan's pottery and his casserole pots go for about $135 upwards (depending on size) and I got a medium sized one from the local oppie for...$6!
    Cabbage Patch Kid - aren't they collector items now? Or do they still make them? Whichever way, they were never cheap!
    I love it when I find something so good that I walk out expecting someone to run after me saying someone made a mistake. Like a cashmere scarf and Arnette sunnies a while go I picked up for $2.
    I tend to surprise people when they comment on my outfits and I tell them that barring undies, bra and boots, everything else is an oppie find.
    We are pretty lucky here - four oppies in town and 3 in the next town. The kids are very oppie savvy and DD thinks EVERYTHING comes from there, even groceries

I op shop weekly.

Best find: 60s handmade yellow sundress with bell sleeves $4 it is my fave dress and it's so cute. I have heaps of dresses - over 50 - and many are hand made vintage that i probably paid under $10 for. I got a cool wool cape for $15 once. Lots of silk scarves and cool jewelry too.

it's been too long since I had time to properly browse an op shop ...

my best buys?

a dress that was so fabulous that at high school, it was known as "Peanutter's Little Blue Dress" which made every inch of me delicious, my boobs perfect, and left it ambiguous as to whether my thighs met ...

a oil glazed sherry glass which has been the hanging rack for my (many, *many*) fish hook earrings for the past 14 years.

a his'n'hers pot bellied mug set of a tawny man and woman shaped mug, which I inexplicably love, and live in a fancy crystal cabinet now, despite the fact that they cost 50c or something ... they are fabulous, and will in the future represent my DH and me, when we ourself are old and tawny

those are my faves!
    Last edited by peanutter; August 20th, 2012 at 05:30 AM. Reason: typo

Lol my mum is the queen of op-shopping. (comes from years of practice shopping for 6 kids)

She is often finding dress for my DD that are from boutiques and are practically brand new (some still have tags)
    I used to op-shop more than I do now. Once found DH a $300 overcoat for $15 (the dry cleaner next door would donate things left there for over 6months, coat still had dry cleaner tag on)
    My absolute favourite was finding my Emmaljunga Bassinet Pram. Cost me $30 and has saved my sanity many times! Many friends of mine have been green with envy over my Emmaljunga.

My whole wardrobe! I am lucky because some very wealthy and stylish people live in my area and give a lot of clothes to my local op shop. In my small town the two op shops are really the only shops in town apart from a designer boutique, some gift shops, food shops and an interior design shop. I don't drive so if I want clothes it is ebay or op shops. I am broke, so op shops it is! I am actually thinking I may be able to do that challenge of buying nothing new for a year!
    I go pretty much every couple of days and browse. It is so exciting when you find something in your size and just right. I actually don't enjoy shopping at proper shops now as there is no thrill in the hunt. They also have tons of children's books and toys so DS is a bit spoilt and gets something everytime But I often deny him sometimes just so he learns there is more to life than shopping. It may be an op shop and all secondhand but it is still consuming!

I actually don't enjoy shopping at proper shops now as there is no thrill in the hunt.
    I hear ya, sista!
    Today I picked up a thermal, long sleeved rash vest for surfing for $4 (I've been surfing this winter and those babies are $90 new, though this one's seen a few seasons), and a gorgeous pair of pure wool Hugo wide-leg pants for $8 that fit PERFECTLY! Woo hoo!

So many great things for the house, especially beautiful tea cups and saucers plus heavy glass jugs, vases etc.

Op Shops have been fantastic while losing weight! I have been buying things as I need them, then donating them back when the clothes get too big for me! I often find the clothes I buy at op shops tend to be my favourites.

My last shopping expedition I found two pairs of jeans and about half a dozen tops. Think another shopping trip might be in order for this weekend!

Wow Mayaness, they must be amazing casserole pots for that price!

Rooey, they are beautiful! Google the Gooseneck Pottery - Robert Barron is an artisan

I'll do that.

I love op shopping - I don't even go to regular stores, except to buy food or art and craft supplies.

My favourite find was actually about 8 months ago now - I found a pair of almost new leather shoes (Mary-Janes is what the style is called I think). They fit perfectly, which is rare for me as I am a narrow size 10, so it's really hard for me to find comfortable shoes that actually fit. These do and are super comfy and go with everything (they are a cool cherry red colour so work as both "sensible" work shes, and also for going out). Cost - $8.

Another one was a red sundress with white polka dots that can be dressed up or down (and it goes with the shoes too). - $7.

For me, in my current pregnant state i am loving my op shop for maternity and breastfeeding stuff. scored a gorgeous pair of near new dark skinny designer maternity jeans for $4.99! and a pair of seraphine leggings NWT for $1.99! I also got a gorgeous black RIPE maternity cross-over BF top for $5.

Not to mention for the girls: a cute as a button pair of NWT newborn booties (absorba) for 99c, nappy covers at $1.99 each, a paddington wool and cashmere coat for DD1 for $12.00 and lovely french branded smock dress for DD2 for $1.99. i am really fussy with quality and the wear and tear (we are sticklers for not bringing too much stuff into the house), so was so stoked to find such unworn stuff for such a good price.