Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unintentional shoplifting?

If I were you I wouldn't have worried

A similar thing happened to my mum a few weeks ago, we were in Kmart and mum chose a book and put it on top of the pram, we then walked around the rest of Kmart and got a few other items paid for them and went to the food court for lunch, mum was sitting there looking at DSs pram wondering what the square shape in the top was when she realised she had walked out without paying for the book, in this case I told her to go back and pay for the book, simply because she had legitimately forgotten it and we were still in the shopping centre

I had a similar thing happen the other day. I was buying DS new pj's at target. They were all under a sale sign saying they were $15 or something like that. Anyway, we're at the register and they come up at $18, so I queried saying they were on sale. Apparently only 2 pairs of the 7 I'd chosen were on sale... So I thought 'whatever' it's a bit of a misrepresentation, but I'm not up for a fight so will just pay the $18 for the 5 that were that price ? works out to an extra $15.

So we finish up, I pay etc and leave. Then I start doing the calcs in my head and think hang-on it should've been more than that. I had a look at the receipt and she hadn't charged me for one pair of the $18 ones... So over all it worked out that I only paid $15 a pair anyway!

I ummed and arred about whether I should go back, but decided it was karma. They were all under the $15 sign after all... I even wondered if the sales assistance did it on purpose cos she thought it was unfair.

But... I still feel a wee bit guilty about it... Just not enough to take them back

I had the same thing this weekend - I was running in and out of the (overpriced) souvenier shop to get the girls some trinkets from the snow and then discovered I had picked up a free item as the assistant hadn't charged me for one of them. I was trying to keep the girls hands off the merchandise at the time so didn't check the total and didn't realise until it was too late. There was no way I was going back up the mountain for $20 so I figured it was just one of those things I'm sure I paid more than enough for everything else on the mountain to make up for it.

maybe I should just enjoy my Wayne Cooper purse and be happy? :P

ETA: Karma is a b*tch, DH just got a $375 driving fine in the post

He would have gotten that anyway love!!

You win some you lose some Life goes on.

I've worked in retail forever and I'm a very honest person, but I say enjoy your purse!

All im going to say is you might want to draw up some good karma points as sometimes these things come back to bite you at the end.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12