Thread: breast feeding is so hard!

Default breast feeding is so hard!

So after a very tragic attempt at bf my first child I am here again with a second attempting the impossible. Blood pressure meds are affecting my supply, my breasts are tender and achy, am hating how sore my whole body is and the fact my husband isn't here with us (and hm with dd). And all I can express is a lousy 1.2ml on day two

Hi,
    It’s tough to be without your partner - the second night can be a very lonely night. And it sounds like you are worried that the trauma of your first breastfeeding experience will play out again. After giving birth so recently I am betting it’s not just your boobs that are tender and achy, I’m betting the rest of you pretty much is too. What makes you think the blood pressure meds are affecting your supply? Is your baby feeding at the breast? 1.2 mls seems a pretty normal amount to express at this stage. A full feed would only be 5 or so mls.
    Call a midwife - get some help and reassurance. Or call the ABA 24hour line. You don’t have to breastfeed - but if you do you have every chance if that’s what you want - thanks for posting on Belly Belly, its best not to suffer alone.

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

the free aba helpline is 1300 686 2 686

don't stress, it takes time for the milk supply to build up, the more your baby drinks, the more milk your body will produce. At the start, there isn't much, but it's very concentrated (think quality, not quantity).

congrats on your new bub, don't go thru this alone, keep reaching out and ring up the free helpline. I'm sorry your dh can't be with you right now.

In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!

Default breast feeding is so hard!

Hugs x
    I am hearing you! My bub is almost 5 weeks old and so those first few nights are fresh in my mind. My milk didn't come in for 5.5 days and I was getting the tiniest bit of colustrom when expressing before that. I was so shocked at how hard bf is and even though I had researched things I wasn't prepared for it.
    Hang in there if you do want to bf everyday gets easier and I am glad I have kept going even when I have almost given up a few times xx