Thread: Do you know someone who needs EBM?

Default Do you know someone who needs EBM?

A friend of a friend needed EBM, so over a few weeks I expressed for her baby and mine, but then she didn't need it any more and my baby doesn't like frozen ebm! So I have some here in my freezer if anyone needs it. seems a shame to throw it out. I don't drink tea or coffee, don't eat chocolate and don't smoke. I exercise lots and am very healthy ... Just incase you had some concerns about where the milk came from. I would! The milk is bagged up and was frozen straight away. It was expressed from 22/10/11-21/11/11. there are 6 and a half bags, each bag has about 200ml. I live at hamilton, brisbane.

Yes, I do - she is in vic though - will get back to you but if there is anyone closer who needs it then they should have it

I can vouch for Joey being extremely healthy what a lovely thing you are doing .

I've donated about 9 litres of EBM to two sweet babies that needed it. It's such a wonderful thing to do. There is a huge facebook network that links donating mother's with those that are in need. It's how I found the two babies that needed mine. It's a worldwide network that's been in the news quite a few times.

If you go to facebook and type "Human Milk 4 Human Babies - Queensland" in the search bar you'll find your state's page.

You might find that some Mum's will prefer for you to have blood testing done just to ensure you are healthy, but you can request that they pay the cost. I found that the two Mum's that took my milk were very educated when it came to EBM and had done a lot of research which was great. They never asked for blood tests, but they asked a lot of sensible questions and also picked it up in person so they were able to see that I was a generally healthy person and they saw that my kids were nice and healthy too. One of the Mum's told me that she assumes that most Mum's that are breastfeeding their own children are generally doing the right things when it comes to their health, and that she only requests blood tests from woman that are no longer breastfeeding their own children, but are still expressing to donate.

Good luck finding a lucky babe to give your liquid gold

That site is fantastic!! Found someone already!! Thanks so much everyone!