Thread: How does your child like their EBM?

Default How does your child like their EBM?

Having difficulty getting my little one to take EBM. How does your child like their EBM? Hot, cold?
    Bottle/Cup/Sippy Cup/Spoon....?
    What position does bub like to be in? to be held/sitting up/in high chair..?

any info would be great

cheers

Hi Kate

My DD prefers her EBM from a bottle (lightweight Tommee Tippee.) She prefers it just warm, so we put it in water from a boiled kettle and shake it a few times and pull it out. Maybe in there for 2 mins max. She most prefers to lie down on her back on her mat and have the bottle held or holds it herself.

have u tried to get someone else to give it while ur not there it might work then coz bub wont be confused why u not feeding them

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Shaken not Stirred LOL hehe sorry I had too

Seriously now mine have mainly only had EBM in first few weeks when I was toping up due to large weight loss But DS1 has had a bit a few times in a bottle around 10 minths old and he liked it warm in bottle and semi reclined in DH arms.

Thanks! DH and i have both tried (i've gone out) but once she tastes it, she doesn't want to keep drinking and turns her head. Might try going warmer.

Connor likes his warmer and being Mr. Independent he likes to hold the bottle himself, so daytime bottles he has his higchair with the back reclined so the angle is easier and at night he lies on his back and starts his botle while daddy is putting his night nappy and bedclothes on and finishes it off lying in his cot while hubby sits beside him...then hubby pops his dummy in and he turs his head and goes to sleep. I found as he got more independent he would fuss and pull away if I tried to feed him in my arms and would then only drink half his bottle...now he sculls it in super quick time and squawks to be 'let out; and back to his toys.....lol

Quote Originally Posted by starangelk View Post
    Hi Kate

My DD prefers her EBM from a bottle (lightweight Tommee Tippee.) She prefers it just warm, so we put it in water from a boiled kettle and shake it a few times and pull it out. Maybe in there for 2 mins max.
    We did the same thing when DD was BF and taking EBM from a bottle except we used Avent bottles.