Thread: need help!!!

Default need help!!!

hi all,
    i have returned to work and i am lucky enough to have my 5month old baby with me (i am a director of childcare) so i am breastfeeding him. the ladies looking after hime offer him 2 bottles of ebm each day and he refuses so they end up brining him to me to feed!! i have tried different bottles and teats but really need some advice from others in similar situation.
    i am moving to another job with in the same company in 4 weeks and wont be able to feed him as he is staying at his current centre, any recommendations welcome xx

hugs hun. I unfortunately can't help (DS was an exclusive expresser and was quite attached to his bottles) but I'm sure some of the ladies will be in soon with good advice. Also, have you tried calling the ABA helpline? They are usually fantastic.

Iwould ditch the bottles and try a cup, have seen that work for a lot of women. Often by that stage it can be too late to introduce a bottle as babies realise its like a nipple and think y would I want that? whereas a spout is obviously nothing like a nipple so they offer will take that! Wishing you the best of luck!

Thankyou for the advice and support! The ABA is a great idea. I will call them x
    What sippy cup would you recommend for a 5 month old ?

You might find some interesting advice on the Kelly mom website. If you look at the next thread down from yours there is a direct link into the expressing BM part of the site.

One of the ones with a soft spout, I think the ones I liked the best and used with ds2 were tommy tippee and they were long and skinny so easier for bubs to hold like a bottle but with a spout n it, they were a darkish blue i rememeber that much.