Thread: resource for expressers - includes feed volume

Default resource for expressers - includes feed volume

I was googling for resources on expressing particularly for feed volume. I thought I would share the resource as it might be of interest to some of you whether you are an occasional of full time expresser.

I had read in the EE thread that people felt the FF equation wasn't the same for EBM. It has a calculator where you can work out the volume for your situation. Apparently the volume per day doesn't change between 1-6 months.

I've added the link to the website below.

www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/index.html

Last edited by Lisa B; May 3rd, 2011 at 08:39 AM. Reason: added the link to website

Thanks for sharing this Lisa. You are correct that the amount doesn't change between 1 and 6 months. That's interesting isn't it - we always used to think that babies took more as they got older but some fascinating research right here is Aus (WA) has shown this not to be true.

BTW hun, it is ok to post a link to Kellymom. It is a reputable site and non-commercial. I think there are probably already some links around the place.

Thanks Manta I've gone back and added the link directly to the 'pumping' section on Kellymom. Research in Australia on EBM volume that's great! It's much needed for some of us.

Thanks Lisa, it's a great link. DS is now 9 months old but I would love to have had this link in the earlier days.