Thread: In law issues

Default In law issues

MiL really wanted me to have a girl. I didn't. I am fine with that, I love my boys. She has a granddaughter already, just not from DH. Her issues, I know, but she lets them impact on us.

Just seen the card she sent when Stormageddon was born. DH has been keeping it hidden, I think.

"To Ca Plane, Mr Pour Moi & Liebling (Also indirectly Stormageddon) With lots of love From MiL and FiL xxxx"

Card is blank with insects on the front, no words other than hers. Is it me, or is this a bit odd?

Default Re: In law issues

Ummmm I'm with you that's a bit odd it wouldn't have been hard to add congrats on the birth of Stormageddon so you actually knew what the card was for!

I have learnt that some MILs make no sense (mine is quite crazy) and it's best to nod, smile and ignore. I keep a mental note of all the things I'm not going to do to DS's wife

It's pretty weird. But over the years I've learnt not to be surprised by anything inlaws do or don't do. She is the only one with the problem so don't read too much into it.

Huge congrats on the birth of Stormageddon!

I think your MIL is just weird full stop LOL. Don't read too much into it - as you said, these are her issues and I'm sure you won't let them interfere with your beautiful little family

And congratulations on the birth of Stormy. I truly hope that despite being in hospital, that you were able to have a better experience and that you're doing OK

Yes definitely odd! Congratulations!

I found the Christening card from them. It said Christening Wishes on the front. Inside, blank, she wrote

To DH, Ca Plane and Liebling
    Love from Mum and Dad
    xxx

What the? It was Stormy's Christening! Ah well, she hadn't done much weirdness this year so far...

What a weirdo!

Sorry, can't shed any light on the card thing. I have never really done cards with presents etc. I tend to just use a name tag. I don't know why but I've never done the card thing. I do think it is quite odd though to not address the card to the person being christened.

They didn't give a gift, so no tag, but I understand they plan to write a cheque. When we see them next... maybe mid July if I don't push it. July then. And I'm not throwing MiL a birthday party this year, so DH best not volunteer me!

She sounds cray-Z! I feel your pain mine writes letters to vent her feelings, is totally paranoid & never makes time for our ds but sulks about him not knowing who she is. Grrrrrrrr....also taking notes on how not to be a crazy MIL.

She sounds strange hun, iv had the oh mum hardly acknowledge I'm jasons and Pauls mum and it's hurtful. The fact your hubby hid it says he knows it's not nice. Huge hugs and congratulations x

Mad again. She wanted me to throw her a birthday party and DH agreed. I said no (I have a newborn!), so we "had" to organise cakes instead (we bought them, DH knew enough to not ask me to bake). She ignored me and Stormageddon all afternoon after saying hello and how big Stormageddon is now. Um yeah, you live down the road and see him once a month. And again, met with no response when I offered cuddles with Stormy.

Next time we see them, they've already said will be SiL's birthday next month. Good. I don't want people who don't value us in our lives. And everyone else will want cuddles so I won't notice. Bet she'll want them when on display though.

How strange. You definitely dont need that extra stress.

I find it odd she barely acknowledges you but wants you to throw her a party??

in laws are always hard to negotiate around. just think at least you get stormy more to yourself

They're like that with DH usually, ignoring him unless they want something. And I dared to say no, can't be doing with throwing a party under 3 months post partum (I've thrown her party and baked cakes for a few years now, so maybe they just expected it, especially as they don't recognise Stormy). They will have to invent a special bad book just for me now.