Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Terminal illness in extended family

Default Re: Terminal illness in extended family

Totally agree with you on this. Stick to your guns on this one. Xo

Thanks. It helps to know I am not overreacting.

Yeah, not sure where FIL is coming from. As soon as things are going well he seems to completely forget about how awful it was a few weeks before, and that the good patches have only ever lasted a few months at most. I think part of it is him just wanting everything to be normal happy families, but the reality is that BIL has a tumour the size of an egg in his frontal lobe and normal just isn't going to happen for him.

I totally agree with you, keep the kids away, they are the most important people here and what happens in front of them will stay with them forever! You know that you are doing the right thing for your family! As for FIL, he will probably be going through phases of wanting to play happy families when things are going well, even though he knows that it can change in an instant, he is in denial! They can always visit you if they want to see the children. Stand your ground!

Hugs xxx

Getting p'd off with FIL now - he managed to drop in to conversation the other day that BIL is spending heaps of time at a friends house with his wife and kids. Obviously implying that BIL is fine around kids and I am being silly. I felt like saying that perhaps their view would change if BIL tried to kill himself out the back while their kids were home.

He also keeps asking despite us repeatedly refusing for DS to go in the front seat of his ute. I don't understand his views - I had a huge car accident a couple of months ago and anyone, particularly a child would have been in serious danger if they had been in the front seat. Everyone commented on this. Yet for some reason he thinks it is alright if DS goes in the front with him?! So irritating.

It sounds like he is trying to lay a guilt trip on you, and you are right, he is trying to make out that you are the one that is being silly about this! You are not!! You are doing what is right for you and your children and your futures! Don't let him get to you.
    As for sitting it the front of his ute, well, that is totally your call! You are the parents and you make the rules, he doesn't get to make them for your kids, and if he cant stick to them, then he doesn't get to take them in the car! Plain and simple!!
    Stick to your guns babe, and whenever he annoys you, come and vent in here, we are always here for you xxx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12