Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's your love language? What's your DH/DP/DF's?

Default What's your love language? What's your DH/DP/DF's?

Read back Teni - Peanutter explains that very thing up earlier

Where did you do a quiz??
    I'm going to have to google.

DH's is definitely touch. Mine, not so sure. AOS or words maybe... Or maybe gifts... Lol

Default Re: What's your love language? What's your DH/DP/DF's?

Oh! I didn't even notice I thought I read the whole thread too, just must've started skipping paragraphs

Hmm. So... I'm doing things right then. Here I was thinking that when I'm reading/sitting *near* DH I'm giving off a "please pay attention to me, I'm right here!" vibe, but he's probably reading it as me showing I want to be near him? That explains SO. MUCH. All that frustration for nothing... I bet he's feeling loved up tonight though, I put in extra effort to be near him and spend time with him rather than go to bed like I kinda wanted to.

Good thread! I never knew anything about this stuff, and its such an appropriate time to find it aswell! I went and found the profile test online turns out Im words of affirmation. Makes sense to me, I do want to hear DP tell me more encouraging things and that he appreciates me. I think DP might be touch or the same as me. Very interesting stuff!! Might have a talk about it later with him..

Before kids, mine was touch. I wanted lots of hugs and kisses, and to always sit close on the couch. Now, I am always being touched. I want to be left alone! I want my own space and I want to stretch out and just be on my own. Not that I want zero touch from DH - a kiss when he gets home from work etc - but nothing like what I used to like.

It's a bit of a problem for us because his primary language is most definitely still touch. I need to remind myself to just hug him, and stay there til he lets go instead of rushing off because I have to do the laundry or the dishes.

That kind of comes into what my language is, a combo of acts of service and words of affirmation. I like to cook his favourite food, make snacks for him to take to work and look after the house while he's at work. I like telling him how proud I am of him for supporting us while I'm home, I'm always telling him what a great Daddy he is and I tell him I love him frequently. I love it when he comes home and appreciates the work I've done, and if I haven't been able to get to something it's wonderful if he just picks up and does it.

I highly doubt he has thought about this though, I might talk to him about it tonight.

Default What's your love language? What's your DH/DP/DF's?

DH is AOS and mine are touch and quality time.

Have actually been thinking about this lately so good timing!

ETA
    Interestingly I just took a quiz and mine in order are: Words of affirmation 10, touch 9, quality time 6, AOS 4 and gifts 1.
    Last edited by No.5; February 25th, 2014 at 07:49 PM.

DH's is attentiveness. And mine probably is too. It's funny how things have changed over the years. He likes it when I take care of my appearance. And I love it when he notices. But my biggest is probably nurturing. I love it when he makes sure I'm taken care of whether it's a cup of tea or making sure I'm comfy in my PJ's even when I'm in that defiant I don't wanna mood yet I know I'll feel better and always do.

We completely compliment each other in out love languages. But we didn't always. And they haven't always been the same. So I no longer believe a love language is set in stone.

Just did a test and got this:
    7 Words of Affirmation
    8 Quality Time
    1 Receiving Gifts
    7 Acts of Service
    7 Physical Touch

Definitely agree that it changes over time

Mine is definitely touch closely followed by affirmation - ex's was - who knows asshats are hard to pick...

Everytime I see AOS I think ASOS!!

I'm going to do a quiz ... off to google ... I wonder if I've changed, since my boys have grown older ... ?

Both my DSs are still far and away Quality Time and Touch.

This is why I have to prioritise my weekends so much, to try to make sure they're always free and clear for the kids and hubby.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12