Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BBH Petites vs Itti Bittis

Default BBH Petites vs Itti Bittis

I've been a BBH user for 3 years now - love the absorbancy, but I've just had my 2nd bub and some of my nappies need to be refreshed (they're a bit threadbare!).

I've been a big "natural fibres against the skin" fan, but I thought I might try some of the other options out there in MCN land.

I'll still be using my trusted bamboo, but I'd like to get some fun nappies, with a trimmer fit - particularly for use when going out to replace disposables. I know that BBH make a Petite range but I'm considering whether to cross over to the Itti Bitti brand and try their range. I've seen the "Tutto" with the poo fence - that looked much trimmer than the BBH Multifits (which I have and are seriously bulky).

Can anyone comment on the difference between these 2 brands?

I have BBH petites and itti bitti d'lish (snap ins & AIOs) and much prefer the itti bittis.

I also have BBH magic alls, which i love, so it's not that i don't like BBH, but their petites just don't quite work for me.

I haven't tried the tutto yet.

The BBH petite front section where they snap up never really sits properly.

Hi HotI, I've found the Magicalls (velcro version) to be not that absorbent.... (older style without the back pocket for extra boosting) but perhaps I'm comparing them to the bamboos. How long do you get out of them between changes?
    With the Itti Bittis, do you prefer the snap ins or the AIOs? I just watched a YouTube clip of them & the snap in boosters do look more stable than the BBH Petites - I have 1 of the Petites - a gift from BBH. The 3 times DD has worn it, it's leaked.... maybe it's too small...

The BBH i have, have snaps and a pocket with a bamboo stuffer. They are fine for 3-4 hours.

i like the itti snap-ins better because they are easier to dry cos they come apart. I use the 2 bamboo boosters that they come with when you buy them, but you can get an extra one if you need it.

i have found the ittis to be smaller in size than BBH, so upsize if you are not sure which one to get.

Quote Originally Posted by HotI View Post
    I have BBH petites and itti bitti d'lish (snap ins & AIOs) and much prefer the itti bittis.

I also have BBH magic alls, which i love, so it's not that i don't like BBH, but their petites just don't quite work for me.

I haven't tried the tutto yet.

The BBH petite front section where they snap up never really sits properly.
    Yep, same here! I love the BBH magicalls and next fav is itti bitti. Not a fan of the petites.

i have only ever used bbh petites but i must say that i am a huge fan of the fit for DS. They fit perfect for him.

i havent tried itti bitti yet but would like to.

i say get one of each and try them on bubs when bubs is born and see what the fit is like then. like pp some dont like petites but you might itms. good luck with whatever u choose.

I have just bought itti bittis for the first time on recommendation of about 6 women! LOL.
    Today the silver colour is 35% off so they are heaps cheaper than normal.

I have got 6 tuttos and 3 med SIO's.

The Itti Bitti site talks about just washing the insert and not the shell (if bub's has only peed), however, how realistic is this?
    Also, does anyone know if the Itti Bitti "suedecloth" is a natural or man-made fibre?

suedecloth used in nappies is a synthetic fabric

I always wash all the bits at the same time.

Itti's don't suit dd at all (and have a stack here unused) but petites fit perfectly, love them!

Quote Originally Posted by Melody7 View Post
    The Itti Bitti site talks about just washing the insert and not the shell (if bub's has only peed), however, how realistic is this?
    Also, does anyone know if the Itti Bitti "suedecloth" is a natural or man-made fibre?
    If you were to use an itti nappy, when it is wet you would change the entire nappy. But instead of chucking the whole nappy in for a wash, you unsnap the inserts, let the shell air while the second nappy is on, then snap new inserts in & go again.
    As long as the shells are aired between, this shouldn't be a problem.

If you're looking for a nappy with more natural fibres next to the skin, the closest will be those with either bamboo velour, or cotton velour in them. The inner layer of all nappies is to draw the moisture away from the skin, which is why micro fleece & suede cloth are usually used between the skin & the bamboo.

I prefer itti's for fit & have my 5th tutto on the way. About 80 % of my stash are itti's.
    I do have 2 petites, but they just don't seem to have enough booty in them for me. I've only really used them twice.

Quote Originally Posted by ~clover~ View Post
    If you were to use an itti nappy, when it is wet you would change the entire nappy. But instead of chucking the whole nappy in for a wash, you unsnap the inserts, let the shell air while the second nappy is on, then snap new inserts in & go again.
    As long as the shells are aired between, this shouldn't be a problem.
    This is rather like what I do for the covers of the BBH bamboo fitteds...

I do have 2 petites, but they just don't seem to have enough booty in them for me. I've only really used them twice.
    "enough booty" = too narrow?

Might have to try a few of each. BBH have a sale on atm...

I just bought 3 royal blue 1 baby pink and 1 turquoise itti bitti tutto's cause they have a huge sale atm! 40% off the RB, 36% off BP and 30% off turqouise... and 10% off everything! wetbags etc!

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

i think this thread needs to be moved.

it is in the FITTED cloth nappy section.

but this thread is about "all in ones, all in twos" type nappies (whereas fitted nappies need a cover)

If you like natural fibres, try the FITTED Itti Bitti Boo, which has cotton velour next to the skin. But from what you're comparing, it sounds like you really want to research "all in ones, all in twos" (the ones that DON"T require a cover).

Suedecloth and microfleece, are two synthetic fabrics, used to line many pocket and all in one type nappies.
    it is harder to find all in ones and pockets, that have natural fibre inners. i foudn this out first hand, because my DD developed an intolerance to synthetic fibres against her skin, so at 14 months old, i had to get her natural inner nappies, and by that stage, we were using pockets and ai2's alot. It was do-able, but took more searching.

However, the two nappies that you mention, do use synthetic inners.

tutto's aren't AIO though so they don't really have a section?

Tutto's are considered AI2's (or SIO's snap in ones)
    They aren't pockets or fitteds, so are part of the AIO section.

Swaddlebees do have a cotton velour AIO, with a pocket opening for more stuffing. They are great nappies here. Faves if I could afford more!

'Booty', little bit narrow & not high enough in the rise. I don't think they are high enough in the back to fit well enough to contain all the poo.

Tutto's are considered AI2's (or SIO's snap in ones)
    They aren't pockets or fitteds, so are part of the AIO section.

Swaddlebees do have a cotton velour AIO, with a pocket opening for more stuffing. They are great nappies here. Faves if I could afford more!

'Booty', little bit narrow & not high enough in the rise. I don't think they are high enough in the back to fit well enough to contain all the poo.
    Ahh thanks!!! Im new to the mcn thing!

Sent from my iPhone so sorry for the spelling and punctuation!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast