Thread: Itti Biiti Tutto's leaking dilemma

Default Itti Biiti Tutto's leaking dilemma

As you can gather my IB tutto's are leaking.. Yesterday i checked her nappy and she hadn't wee'd then say 15 min later she was on my lap and you guessed it the nappy leaked and I got wet patches on me. So I'm guessing she only wee'd once but it was pretty soaked when I took it off but the outer shell just didn't do it's job . I'm putting in the small and medium soaker pad but she is only 8 weeks maybe should I just put more soaker pads in?
    How do others find the absorbency level of this nappy? I also have some BBH nappies with the good bamboo inserts maybe I can boost them up with one of them!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do they need a strip wash?

Other thing is I found one size nappies always leaked at this age cos they were still to big so that could be why aswell. If its new it could be that it just needs more washes to get up to absorbency

My IBs leak sometimes too, apparently if they do a really big wee really quickly it doesn't have a chance to absorb it all - that came from an IB consultant

that is true for bamboo i have had incidents not with tuttos but others where it will leak out the side check the fit around the legs that might help a bit

I don't have the tuttos but for the sized ones, I found when we were between snaps (so the fit was too loose around the legs) then we had leaks. I also had problems with the one size nappies I had (mainly Green Kids) until about 4 months because they were just too big.

Hmmm, I haven't had problems with any of my itti bittis, they're my faves because they never leak lol. That said though, I didn't use the tuttos on DD when she was small because the fit just wasn't right, even on the smallest setting.

With my other nappies, when they do leak it's usually because they've been on too long and I haven't been able to change her for whatever reason, or because DH does up the snaps funny lol. So as Rowellen says, if you're between snaps, and the fit isn't right, there'd be space for leakage around the legs.

Thanks girls
    There brand newy's so maybe they just need to get up to absorbency, and the fit around the legs I'll keep an eye on. She isn't a real big bub, she'd only be coming up to about 5kg at 8 weeks of age, that's why I've left cloth till now to start using.

Did you pre wash them? Sometimes the sizing on new ones makes the wee bounce off....though so does the force of wee for some kiddos too. I found the boosters move around in the tuttos too because there's so much outer shell. Maybe the boosters were out of the firing line?

Are you using vinegar in your wash? I found that when I put vinegar in when I washed my Tuttos they pretty much repelled wee, as soon as I put them through a wash with no vinegar they were back to being awesome with no leaks again. I've got no idea why this happened.

I knew there was something I forgot to mention. ~kim~ reminded me - pre-washing helps. I often have leaks from new nappies for a few wears before the absorbancy builds up.

Also, I had issues with my medium BBH Magicalls with DS & someone suggested putting them through the dryer on low heat. I did it twice & they have worked perfectly ever since.

Yep they've been prewashed but I did put the extra booster in today and they were better, plus I noticed a bit of a gap around the legs too.

I've never used Itti Bitti on DD. but I have had a lot of fitting issues which I've worked through with some help from a nappy store.

If there are gaps, u need to pad it up. -But if u pad it up with only the bamboo (high absorbency stuff) it actually stays really wet on LO's skin and/or doesn't absorb fast enuf.
    -if you pad with only microfibres, which takes less amt. it can only take however much before its saturated. Then it behaves like a sponge (squeeze, out comes weee.....)
    So my solution had been to makeup a combo. Microfibre closer to DD's skin & bamboo the next level. U can pad up a few microfibres to make the 'gap'.
    Hope this makes sense. :-)

No problems with my IBs but we didn't start using them until about 3 months. DS is rather skinny but long so I find that I have to have the snaps on the rise snapped down a little lower than I would like so they fit around the leg. When he was younger we had some leaks from a BG but that seems to have resolved when I stopped using them and restarted when he was about 3 months.

Bit better now we have padded them up more