Thread: Oliver May Nappies

Thumbs up Oliver May Nappies

I have a friend who has tried Oliver May Nappies and loved them. They have extra snaps to stop the sag when they are heavy and they have a double gusset. Hers felt so wonderfully soft. I have a slightly bigger child than her and wanted to know if anyone had tried them on a one year old?
    Have you looked at the website? What do you think?

I'd never heard of them before so I took a look and the only comments I have are that the bamboo fleece would be really soggy against the babies skin, so I probably wouldn't buy it for that reason - and I hope that is a typo and she means the microfibre is the absorbent part, because microfleece isn't absorbent at all and there wouldn't be any need for 3 layers of it. And if its microfibre, then its really not that absorbent, and I wouldn't buy it cos with my heavy wetters I need at least 10 layers of bamboo to be effective for up to 2 hours wear.

I use microfleece as liners in nappies and they are definitely not absorbent.

JMO of course...

I haven't found that with bamboo - we have only used Babybeehinds bamboo nappies up until now and we have found that the skin stays perfectly dry.

There are different types of bamboo. i don't know all the differences but have heard of bamboo fleece, bamboo velour, bamboo interlock- and then they have different % of the different types of bamboo.

Bamboo is an fabric that absorbs wetness - it doesn't wick it away from the skin.

Fabrics like suedecloth, microfleece - these wick wetness away from the skin. If you don't believe me, feel free to google.. LOL

I agree with both comments from Tiredmum and Mrs Nerd Burger -

I find the BBH nappy absorbs the wee a lot so he's fairly dry;

The microfleece liners I bought off eBay work well with them, and keep him even drier - the moisture goes through them and then gets absorbed.