Thread: Pea Pods re-usable cloth nappies

Default Pea Pods re-usable cloth nappies

Has anyone used these? Thoughts?

There are better nappies out there. Depends on the size and shape of your baby.

I agree, there are better nappies out there. I didn't get any pea pods but a friend bought one over last week for me to look at as her toddler kept leaking. The are not all that adjustable so I'd say she just couldn't get a good fit. Having said that different nappies fit different bubs so it can sometimes be trial and error. I was lucky that my ebay china cheapies fit fantastic and are pretty slim so fitted no worries under clothes. The cushie tooshies I have also fit well and I LOVE the Abby Grow fit wise which a beautiful BB friend gave me. They are a little though and I tend to use that one when ds will just have a nappy on. FWIW I think pea pods feel just like the cheaper ebay ones without extra snaps for adjusting.

I was given some second hand - found ok and at certain sizes they fitted DD well but overall agree with Audax there are better ones about. I have used the inserts from these in Green Kids nappies.

Yep, I agree with the above, although I found the inserts super absorbent, which was a plus. Hated the shells though.

Thanks ladies. I have absoloutly NO idea about cloth nappies.

Can anyone recommend a good brand (or somewhere I can get more info)?

Yep these are my least fav and I have many brands!!! They were a funny fit on my DD1 I ended up selling them.

Start with baby behinds

I never liked the fit of PP's. The inserts were great but not the shell. I like Itti Bitti's and Green Kids.

They're terrible. They seem like a good cheap option, but yeah, you get what you pay for. Was so glad I only got one to try.

Like everyone else, I don't like them.

I had both DDs in greenkids and absolutely love them, but I do find them a little big on a newborn. This time around I have a little stay of newborn sized nappies to try including itti bittis, cheeky butts and one whose name I've completey forgotten (starts with a "K") - sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by LuluHB View Post
    Like everyone else, I don't like them.

I had both DDs in greenkids and absolutely love them, but I do find them a little big on a newborn. This time around I have a little stay of newborn sized nappies to try including itti bittis, cheeky butts and one whose name I've completey forgotten (starts with a "K") - sorry!
    RE GK's... I agree GKs are too big for a newborn, they fit DD1 from about 2 months though.

I like itti bitti, Genesa forge and bum cheeks. I love beetlebums but you can only sometimes pick them up secondhand...

Excuse my sucky spelling, I'm on my iPhone

Itti bitti have just said they'll be having a seconds sale at some stage tonight if you want to keep an eye out for a bargain

Excuse my sucky spelling, I'm on my iPhone

Many people swear by them. Like the others I've had a couple and they were OK....just. If you're after a really cheap option China Cheapies from ebay are one. Many people rave about them. I've used a couple and they were fine.
    Otherwise prefolds and covers are great for NBs and good cost wise.

I loved a tonne of diffferent brands (this is my third cloth bum so I've tried most). I don't rate ittis or baby beehinds at all but many people love those for NBs.

oops this thread reminds me I have some tiny nappies to do a sale thread for.

Bubblebubs is one of my favorite brands. Their Candies are one size fits most, even newborns. The bamboo delights are soooo soft and squishy and super absorbent, and their Velcro AIOs are idiot proof.

I have peapods and have used them since DD1 was born and besides a few leaky issues with me been lazy when putting them on I have not had any troubles. Both my girls had really chubby legs so I found the fit really good for them. I have only just started throwing some out after nearly 3 years of fulltime use. I only have one other brand that I use, but I only have four of them where as PP I have about 22 small and 16 medium. I know so many people don't like them but I have never had an issue with them.

Default Pea Pods re-usable cloth nappies

I've used them and had no issues although they were a bit bulky
    Last edited by e_p; January 18th, 2014 at 11:43 PM.

Default Re: Pea Pods re-usable cloth nappies

They are ok, but I found them a bit bulky and a bit awkward to fold