Thread: Biscuits for toddlers

Default Biscuits for toddlers

Dd loves Tiny Teddy's....thanks to my mum always having them in stock in the house for the grandchildren.

I am not against her having a biscuit or treat etc. I believe in all things in moderation.

I'm looking for some ideas for biscuits for toddlers because I still class tiny Teddy's as a processed good and I don't think thats a great for anyone's health. It's pretty much the only processed food she eats because everything else we have is made from scratch.

What can I bake? What's been good for you?

ETA: I should add she eats pretty much everything (except fresh banana) no allergies etc

I make chewy ANZAC biscuits - the traditional crisp ones are just too hard for her - for DD3 which she loves I make all kinds of cakes, biscuits and muesli bar type things actually, but I tend to substitute ingredients out that I don't like, so wholemeal flours rather than white, coconut flower nectar, stewed fruit etc instead of too much sugar, cacao instead of cocoa, coconut oil instead of butter (although that for us is mainly an allergy thing rather than a health thing)

TBH I don't think there is too much wrong with going back to more old fashioned forms of cooking, including the sweeter stuff. My kids, including my toddler, are all very active, and I take the view that unprocessed food of any kind, fats and sugars included, is good to eat in moderation. My mum is hopeless for processed stuff - she thinks I'm a bit whacky for avoiding anything packaged - but she's getting better at limiting the amount of crap she gives my kids. A little bit now and then with Grandma isn't too much of an issue for me, but if it started to affect their health then Ma and I would be having a big of a chat ;-)

My DD loves home made gingerbread men.

The last Kids issue of Donna Hay has a great recipe for apple and oat cookies that you put a slice if apple in top if as well - DD loves helping to make them too

i make an anzac slice. it works well cos i can cut it into muesli bar size or smaller for a snack. they also freeze well and don't take long to defrost

Recipe HotI