Thread: 5 and a half mo eating formula for 6mo?

Question 5 and a half mo eating formula for 6mo?

i got DH to go and buy DDs formula last night.. needless to say he got the wrong one
    he got the 6 mo formula, she;s 5 and a half months.. will it hurt her to put her on this one a little early?
    i can go and get some of the other one, but wanted to check if it would hurt her if i gave it to her now (i had to give her a bottle this morning of it coz i dont have any of the other stuff)
    Thanls for your help ladies xx

Is that the Step 2 one?

It may make her constipated, so watch out for that. I had to put DD back on Step 1 (newborn) formula because she was constipated for a couple of weeks and nothing else was working to get her 'moving' again. I won't be changing back to Step 2, will stay on newborn until she goes onto cow's milk.

Can you go and get a tin of her normal formula today and just use half and half or something until the other tin is used up? One bottle of it straight probably won't hurt her though.

Shouldn't be a problem, you are only talking half a month's difference in age.

Constipation is all I'd look out for. DS1 got very constipated on step 2 formula, but so far ds2 is fine with it.

i think ill do what you said SS.storm, but i might wait to see how she goes first.
    Thanks for the help guys, i know its only a couple of weeks difference but i get so paranoid about things like that!!lol

The stage 2 formula has additional iron (larger baby needs more iron), Iron can cause constipation, you can offer additional water to try and counter act the constipation. Other than that it should be fine.
    My MIL bought stage 2 formula when we visited from interstate when DS was 5.5 months, he was fine.
    Last edited by Rumpleteaser; April 1st, 2010 at 11:01 AM.

We switched a week or so before Sam hit 6 months. We miscalculated how long the step one would last us and ran out and went straight to step 2.

I guess it's diferent for different types of formula, but Sam was actually pooping more regularly on step 2 than he was on step 1.

BW