Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice on Feeding bottles - which are good??

FellowTraveller Guest

Question Advice on Feeding bottles - which are good??

Hi all..
    I am using the Dr Brown bottles at the moment but I am looking to change to another bottle.

Reason is that each bottle has 7 bits and even though it takes only 2-3 minutes extra cleaning - it is a bloody pain when you do 5 -6 feeds a day. THey were great when she was a new born -but now I think she will be okay to try another brand.

Any suggestions?? I heard that the Tommy Tippee PUR is a good one? Anyone tried it??

I use Avent and find them great.

I like the Pigeon bottles and teats best, and then the Tommee Tippee closer to nature. I don't like Avent, but that's just me

Smile

I use Tommee Tippee closer to nature bottles. They are designed so they are like a boobie, soft and flexible. The bottle is also designed so you can hold the baby in close to your chest like you would BF'ing, they're great!

Another handy thing is that they are designed so you can put the teat and ring together before sterilising so when they are done you just screw it back onto the bottle. Too easy!

I;m another tommee tippee closer to nature bottle user. My DD loves them.

Another TT Closer to Nature user here, I used avent to start off with but it was causing alot of grief with wind.

Go the Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature bottles!!! These are the only bottle Olivia will even let near her.

I agree TT closer to nature, only ones I have tried but I love them!!!

I use Avent bottles and just bought the PUR self-sterilising bottles but use Pigeon wide neck teats. DD has no preference for bottles, but appears to like the pigeon teats best.

i use avent but the hospital told me they are crap cos the teats are real hard and the baby doesnt get a good grip on them. My son and my daughter didnt have any problems though. Those Tommee ones sound great though.

salsa Guest

I bought some Tommee Tippee closer to nature bottles after reading this thread yesterday and my baby boy has taken to them really well.

Do you all combine them with breastfeeding or just formula feeding?

I was using dr brown but like bosco found them a pita particularly when travelling if they fell over the silly things would leak, and you can't just put really hot water in them for mixing later when you travel because of leaks. They are such hard work.

So thanks for this thread, my little man is feeding on them so much easier.

I only formula feed, but for bfing and ffing combo it's a dream (as far as I've heard).

Salsa, I bf and comp. ff, and we use the tt closer to nature bottles. My DD really likes them. Before them we used the heinze bottles and she would only have a little drink before getting frustrated and spitting it out. Now she happily switches from breat to bottle in the same feed with out any complaining.

I am currently b/f and EBM bottle combination.

salsa Guest

I only formula feed but it is handy to know in case I have another, I would love to try again with breastfeeding as it didn't work for several reasons with my baby.

He just loves these bottles though we are both very happy

i use Dr Brown and dont find it any longer to clean these then normal bottles.. a quick brush and your done! .. a normal bottle has 5 parts.. Bottle, cap, teat, teat holder and cap.. and Dr Brown has the same just 2 extra parts.( tube inside and holder) . so not that much more time consuming! i would stick to what you have to save money .. you could try other bottle but they really are all the same when it comes to washing!

That's great Salsa. Happy mummy and happy bubby. Nothing better in the world.

I have almost every bottle on the market as Em couldnt BF. She found the tt ctn bottles difficult and they give her TONS of wind. The ones that work best for her and give the least wind are the NUK 1st choice. any orthdontic teat works 4 her but these give her least wind. any cherry shaped teat makes her 1 very windy bub.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast