Thread: changing formula frequently?

Question changing formula frequently?

i was wondering if anyone does this (e.g. just buys whatever is on special)?
    DD is on novalac but its $24 and i was thinking of switching to s26 or heinz but XP insists on continuing with her novalac when she is at his house 2 days a week, but i simply cant afford it so she will be on the cheaper one 5 days a week whilst with me...they are both the same 'type' (eg im not wanting to change from a milk based to soy, or anything like that) just different brands... WDYT?
    TIA

pick one and stay with it.
    Why does he insist on that one - tell him he has to pay for it, for your place and his, if he wants that one specifically. Tell him that the GP/paed/CN says its not goof for her belly and digestive system to be changing it all the time.
    They can vary greatly from one brand to another.

I always thought that was supposed to be a bad idea (ie chopping and changing between formula brands).

However I do note your DD is nearly 12 months...can you hang on for 7-8 more weeks and then start her on cows milk?

Hope someone comes in here and gives you the answer you want to hear...I think it's a valid query, I'd be interested to know!

I have changed DD's formula before a few times and it never messed with her system. Mind you I wasnt swapping from gold ones to normal or soy or lactose intolerant, etc. Just the same type but different brand. I ended up sticking with the heinz one (cheap) and I think I read on here that they are all basic the same.

We are now on cows milk and no formula. We made the full change a week ago. I love it now. No mixing formula! If I am out i can go and buy a small milk and pour it ina cup or bottle for DD.

GL. I think every child and their digestive system is different but if DD isnt having any adverse reactions I would say its okay

You're not supposed to do it - well I should say, you're not advised to do it.

But who knows if that information comes from the formula companies because they want people to stay with theirs instead of swapping? Never know who gets in the ears of health workers these days

Excluding major differences such as soy milk vs cows milk based formulas, or casein vs whey, as I understand it they are all basically the same. Infant formulas need to meet a basic standard, and anything that is proven to be essential to a baby's development must be added to them all. One may taste better than another (to the baby) but unless one is upsetting the baby, IMHO there is no reason to stick to one formula. In my own experience my DS1 was formula fed from 6 momths and I used whatever was on special for him as long as it was the same type, but nor brand, of formula.

We used to use Heinz nurture at home, then if i was out and had no formula we bought the S-26 pre made cartons and hsd no issues. DS was the same-ish age as Jade when we went full timr formula and we didnt have any probelms - i used to buy what ni could afford each week, one week nurture the next s-26, the next karicare and we were fine but that might be a little different to say your dd swapping twice a week.

i guess you could give it a go and see how she is... but i think either asking xDP to pay the difference in what you would save on each tin or supplying him with the first of the new tin could be a good compromiseifyou know what i mean?