Thread: Do I need to boil bottled water?

Default Do I need to boil bottled water?

In two weeks we are off to Thailand. Whilst we are there DD2 will have the occasional bottle of formula. We will all be drinking bottled water whilst there. Do I need to boil it before preparing a bottle or is bottled water ok as is?

there are different brands of bottled water, some look dodgier than others. i would only use known brands for a little person, but i don't know the answer to your boiling question.

I guess if you are unsure do it.
    Have a fantastic trip!

I'd say its better to do it than not do it.

So I probably would. But when I was formula feeding, I was boiling the water until they went off formula, whereas I know others that only do it for the newborn stage. Its just what you are comfortable with I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by ~TT40~ View Post
    I guess if you are unsure do it.
    Have a fantastic trip!
    I think that's what I was thinking, but if someone knew for sure I didn't need to, then I wouldn't.
    Oh and I hope the trip is awesome!

HotI, I'll definitely look for brands I know. Thanks.

We only use bottled water at home (our tap water is too hard), I always boiled it more out of habit that anything, especially once they were drinking water.

My theory is if they are eating solids and drinking water then no need to boil as they are already being exposed to most things anyway, but if they are still only b/f or formula fed then I would continue to boil.