Thread: Feedback on Heinz Formula or other non Gold formulas????

FellowTraveller Guest

Default Feedback on Heinz Formula or other non Gold formulas????

Went to paed yest and he recco our DD (who is nearly 6 weeks old) be changed over to the Heinz formula. We have been battling with the Karicare Gold Plus - but she gets lots of tummy pain/wind and only poos every 4 days. He said for a formula fed baby, ideally, she should poo more regularly. He advised me not to sucked into the 'Gold' formulas and said that the plainer ones were just as good - and cheaper. So, I am after feedback on the Heinz or any of the plain whey formulas. I know it is all trial and error - but I'd appreciate advice on the 'easy to digest' ones! Ta...

From birth both my boys had SMA, which was perfect for eldest son until he was 14 months. However with my youngest son at six month he seemed to need more so we switched him Heinz Nurture Follow on 2. he loves it and sleeps thru the night.
    I would recommend both SMA and Heinz nurture, which also haas one for newborns.
    Good luck with it!
    Last edited by cruemum; July 5th, 2007 at 09:57 AM. Reason: change date

My kids have only ever had Heinz Nurture (when they started on forumla feeding) and we never had any troubles.

Kameron went straight onto Heinz Nurture from 6mths when I stopped b/feeding him totally at 6mths old and Lachlan started with the Heinz Nurture for newborns when I started giving him formula at 4wks old. Ashton at 8mths old has not long started Heinz Nurture from 6mths as well and we haven't had any drama.

Love

The Heinz Nurture is pretty good... we've had no dramas with it and it is a whey dominant one so easier to digest. Most of the other cheap formulas on the market are casein based. I think the Amcal one might be whey based as well.

Nina is on Heinz Nurture as well and never had any problems with it.

S26 here no problems ever

DS was on Heins nurture from 5 weeks and never had a problem.

Was on S26 Gold but caused alot of problems... so after 7 days we went to Karicare and have never looked back.. now on the 6 Months follow on and still no problems

I have Charlie on S26 Gold & the poor little fella is extremely constipated. It's horrible, he goes so red when doing the deed. Everyone I've spoken to whose used it has had the same trouble. So I'd steer clear of that one.

I used Heinz Nuture for my DS#1 and he loved it and this time with DS#2 he has been on Heinz Nuture Gold since 4 weeks old and no problems with either.. They've been great..

HTH..

Jesse was on Heinz Nurture Gold #1 from 9 days. All was good until we moved up to the follow on #2. Then his ppos turned extremely dry (crumbly even) black and green. So i switched to S26 Gold. He was perfectly fine on that. Since we decided to drop him back to the non gold as he is eating 3 big meals a day and will get all the needed stuff from that food (plus its cheaper). Hes going good guns on the non gold now too.

Another Heinz user here and it is great - Matilda has never been constipated.

Three out of my four boys have had Heinz formula and they have been fine, plus it's not as expensive as some of the others.

hugs xoxo

Gotta say I concur - a GF's paed said the same thing - not to bother with the Gold hype. I htought especially because Flynn was on BM til 9 months old and eating sardines by the time he was on formula he especially didn't need it. We used the cheap-o Heinz with the red lid but ended up moving to lactose free stuff cause he developed putty-poo. Now he just has regular lactose free milk.

Really, if the regular formula was that bad Rosemary Stanton would be upin arms about them, wouldn't she??

my first son was on SMA. we started on s26 but dr said it the SMA is made by the same company, cheaper and a thicker formula. my second son had a few probs with SMA so i pafter trying a couple of formulas, the Heinz came out trumps and i put him on the follow on formula later too. HEINZ IS GREAT!