Thread: Feeding more than 240ml a feed..

Default Feeding more than 240ml a feed..

Hello ladies!

I have a question...

My son is 5.5 months and has always been a big eater. He has been on 4x240ml bottles for a good couple of months now, we went through a bit of a rough patch with him being v difficult during feeds, however he seems to be over that and well and truly has his appetite back. He is polishing off his 240mls in no time, and I think he could drink more if I offered it to him. His last feed before bed is his biggest...last night he had 360ml! It seems too much...but he was cranky and crying after his feed so I gave him some more, which he happily gulped down!

I have asked the CHN if I should be offering more than 240ml but she said no. I'm not sure what to do...he's such a hungry monkey! His weight and height are fine, so he's not overweight at all.

Does anyone else give more than 240ml?

My DS often had more than 240ml. He would polish off 400ml some nights. He was a bit older than your DS when he did that though - 10 -12 mths. Now he only has 200ml but he still has a feed overnight most nights of another 150ml. If your DS's weight is fine, then I don't think it matters how much he drinks.
    HTH

Sounds like he needs to extra milk - have you considered introducing a small amount of solids given he is nearly six months?