Thread: Which Formula Is Best

Smile Which Formula Is Best

Hi Girls
    Ive decided to formula feed bubs when shes born as i had an awful time breastfeeding last time. Because its been 6 years since ive purchased formula i was wondering if you could help me out on deciding which formula to use for this bub. Id love to hear about your experiences good and bad and with which formula so it can help me decide. Thankyou in advance

I found Nan HA was the best for my kids.

S26 make DD REALLY constipated.
    Nan Gold is what she's using at the moment and its fantastic.

Of course, Heinz is probably the cheapest, my sister and mother swear by it. But I've stuck to Nan because thats what the nurses in Special Care recommended to us for DD.
    I'd recommend buying formula through Chemist Warehouse online, its pretty cheap.

ive got an app on my iphone of a baby forum and alot of women on their said that S26 caused all of their bubs to get constipated. Thats awful

Even making it up in the bottle S26 seems so thick compared to Nan.

I'm another one who used Nan Ha. It's what the midwives had at the hospital and we just continued using it at home. No problems so far.

I used Heinz nurture.
    I also found s26 constipated my babies.

DS got constipated on s26 gold but was fine on the regular s26.

Dd1 was constipated on every formula except goats milk formula.

Dd2 was fine on Heinz nurture.

Just depends on bubs I think

DS was on S26 Gold and had no problems.

DD1 was badly constipated on both s26 gold & regular,
    I'm trying DD2 on Karicare Gold, but she is extremely farty, with cramp pain, I'm going to try NAN and see if she is any better.

only ever used S26 asits been around forever...luke is on gold due to vomiting and have never had anyy probs with either boys

We changed from breast feeding to formula at about6 months and Nan HA was great, its consistency was similar to breast milk (eg not overly thick) and it seemed a bit kinder the DS's system. I remember one of the MWs at the hospy telling me it was easier to digest or something similar from memory. My MOH tried numerous formula's for her DS without success until she also tried Nan HA. Back then (18 months ago), Big W often had a 6 pack box on special for $120 - so $20 a tin which wasn't too bad. There is Step 1 and Step 2, we just stayed with step 1 until DS was 12 months old then switched to cows milk.

Ds1 was on formula from about 4 days old. We used s26 then karicare and finally settled on Heinz till he got to 12 months and developed lactose intolerance and was put on lactose free formula till he turned 2.

Ds2 is primarily breastfed but has a bottle of formula everyday and I'm giving him Heinz again.

Both of my boys have never had too much of an issue with any formula so I think it just depends on the child and what they will tolerate.

DS was on s26 until he hit 3 months when I told the CHN that DS just wasn't sleeping much - she told me bout SMA and that it's a bit of a thicker texture that keeps them fuller longer - and I've never looked back. It's a brilliant formula (btw, my boy wasn't constipated on s26 either, but I know many people who's bubbas were)

DS&DD1 both started on Heinz Nurture Gold.. but then made DS constipated and DD1 had to get reflux formula. DD2 is on Karicare Gold. Her pediatrician has just told me mot to bother with the gold just to get the regular as gold just causes problems and also that Karicare is made to prevent constipation, so to me that would be the best choice.

Thankyou all so much for your help with the formula ideas