Thread: HELP can my 10 month old have cows milk in an emergency?????

Default HELP can my 10 month old have cows milk in an emergency?????

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

DH took my lovely car to work today and left me the work ute, i have only driven it once, its deisel.. long story short i stuffed something up there and it wont start.. i am a good 20 or so K's from town, no pram (its in my lovely easy to start car!!!!!) and two kids.. one 10 month old DD who is on her last bottle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have just moved to town, i know no one to call who isnt 2 hours drive away and dh wont be home til late... can DD have some watered down cows milk today or should i just fill her full of food instead of milk?? She has her morning bottle (the one she has now which is her last, and then she will usually have one this afternoon and then this evening.. what can i do???????????

This is soo one of the reasons i never wanted to formula feed :-(

Yes, You can give her cows milk.
    Bear in mind her belly might get a little upset from it. But it might not.

Addit: They say you can start introducing normal milk from 9 months in small form (So breakfast and things like that to get them use to it) So i can see no harm in you giving her a bottle so early. Just watch out for allergies (Is there anyone in your family with an extreme milk allergy), just like anything when you give it for the first time. And She might not like it due to the taste.

It is not the worst thing you can give her! I would water it down a little though. Will Dh be able to get some on his way home for her evening feed?

I don't think it will hurt here. I know I started putting Cow's milk on my boys Weetbix around that age. And with my eldest he started daycare at 10 months, he was breastfed so didn't have bottles at daycare and he had diluted cow's milk to drink. I really don't think it will do her anyharm at all to get her through the day. Hopefully she will drink it for you.

i did it once with DD1 i just watered the milk down so it wasn't as strong and she was fine had a bit of a funny poo after it but nothing serious

Thanks!! She has had it with weetbix before so she should be ok!! I will water it down a bit though for her!! Thank you!!!

Oh and thanks to DH loosing his key card, i will have to wait til he gets home and then go to the shops myself (which i wanted to do last night, but he convinced me to just wait til today!!!!!) We are sharing my key card at the moment, so i have it, so he cant get any!!! Oh the joys!!! :-)

Is there a bb member nearby that can deliver some to you? I'd do it if you lived near me!

Nah, all the lovely BB's i know are in Canberra.. which is an hour and a bit away!! I wouldnt expect anyone to drive that far for me!! We will survive, DD is sleeping now with half her bottle left, so its in the fridge for later!!

Good to hear your daughter isn't fussed!

glad that she handled it okay my ds was on full cows milk at 10.5 mths i started mixing it with his formula from about 8 mths hope you get some formula soon

from about 9 months i put my DS1 on full strength cows milk due to living 30-40min drive into town (we have local shops but exspensive plus they didnt stock the formula i used and not open for very long hours) He didnt have any reaction to it so i think you did a good thing

my 4.5 month old just had cows milk over easter weekend cause i didnt realise i'd need a new tin of formula before the public holidays eneded so he had to have 2 bottles of cows milk, didnt harm him either...

i also wanted to BF for this same reason but didnt get a chance to do it for very long unfortently