Thread: HELP WITH FORMULA (s26, heinz)

Default HELP WITH FORMULA (s26, heinz)

for those of you formula feeding, what one are you using,
    im currently using plain old s26, (not gold) and im finding bubs to get green pebbly poo, so constipated, i used s26 with my dd and had no dramas that i can remember,

im thinking about changing to heinz nurture as i have been reading about it on forums and people seem to think its good with the constipation and puking side,

i have heard alot of the gold brands also cause constipation, so what is eveyrone else using that works well, i understand all bubs are different but the more reviews the better

I use S26 and only had a problem when I swapped to the Step 2 progress formula when she was around 6 months. She got really constipated and nothing was working to get her back to normal again so I swapped to step 1 and she has been fine ever since.

how old is she?

10 days old lol, i was reading about heinz seems its ok,
    i was thinking about nan but it contains phenylalanine, and that stuff is bad,
    i have to check all tins to make sure none i want have it, since its on all labels as warnings now

Is it on all the labels as bad if u have PKU? I thought you needed it.

what is the pku, i am not familair with that,
    i just no that the phenaline causes cancer,

It is a genetic disease where people can't process phenylanine. Good luck finding products free of it, it is everywhere. Look up a PKU diet and it will give you foods that are free or very low in it.

I started DD2 on heinz because DD1 was on it...but it didnt fill her so she is now on s26gold and she has no problems with constipation, she has reflux so she spews anyways. Heinz smells much better than s26

Quote Originally Posted by traylee01 View Post
    10 days old lol, i was reading about heinz seems its ok,
    i was thinking about nan but it contains phenylalanine, and that stuff is bad,
    i have to check all tins to make sure none i want have it, since its on all labels as warnings now
    Im sorry but how can it be bad if Phenylalanine is found naturally in the breast milk of mammals

my DD is on NAN HA Gold and i have had no problems with it. It was given to her while she was in the special care nursary as it is meant to be the closest milk to breast milk in texture.

Phenylalanine is only 'bad' if you have Phenylketonuria (PKU), which is a metabolic disease where your body can't process the amino acid Phenylalanine to convert it into tyrosine. If too much builds up then it can cause mental retardation/neurological issues

Phenylalanine is a naturally occurring substance and you do need it, however an excess of it in the case of PKU is bad for you. If your bub doesn't have PKU then I wouldn't worry too much about avoiding it, I would think that only specially prescribed formulas wouldn't contain it.