Thread: How do you dry your bottles after sterilising?

Default How do you dry your bottles after sterilising?

May be a dumb question - but how do you sterilise your bottles after they are finished in the steriliser? I currently take them out and put them on some paper towel to dry off, which is taking a long time in this weather and I also think doesn't it defeat the purpose of sterilising if they are out for hours (or days) drying out?

I just leave mine in the steriliser...

I've done that but they just cool down and the water stays on them and then I fill them up again even though their is the water from the condensation from sterilising - is this ok?

As far as I know hun, that is fine....it has in no way affected either of my girls.

But if someone knows different...eek! please tell us!

I sterilize mine in a milton bucket and when im about to use I take them out and give them a shake

I used to take them out of the steriliser and put them on a drying rack to dry. They never needed to get too dry though TBH because I would just refill them with water ready for the next round.

Quote Originally Posted by MummaBee View Post
    I sterilize mine in a milton bucket and when im about to use I take them out and give them a shake
    This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Nikky View Post
    I just leave mine in the steriliser...
    Exactly that, and if I was doing more than how many fits in it, I'd fill them up straight away, and use them first.

I don't sterilise my bottles. I just wash them in hot, soapy water and rinse them off then let them air dry in the dish rack on my sink.

I was told by the midwives and MCHN that sterilising was no longer necessary and that was over 2.5 years ago, when DD1 was born.

I just leave mine in the sterilizer until I prepare them with cool boiled water. I have the Avent microwave one and it's a quick 2 min zap so if they have been sitting for a while I just do another round. Never made the kids I'll.

I used the Avent Microwave steriliser and there was always condensation. I kept the lid on when I didn't use the bottles and had no issues