Thread: How many bottles a day for 9 month old?

Default How many bottles a day for 9 month old?

How many bottles does a 9 month old need? I have forgotten from when I fed my daughter.
    My son is refusing to drink all his bottles and is eating 3 meals a day. Do you think I need to drop a bottle. He currently drinks 4 bottles, so it would mean dropping to 3.

I think it probably depends on a) how much is in each bottle and b) how much he's eating from his meals. Every 9 month old will be different, so there are no strict rules. But if he isn't finishing his bottles, he's probably not hungry, which means he's had enough. You could try putting a bit less in some bottles (the ones he doesn't finish) if you're worried about wasting milk, rather than cutting out a feed entirely.

I think I was still giving my girls about 5 bottles at that age, but I was chatting to a friend the other day who has a little man a week or so older than my youngest and he was only having three bottles a day.

I think we were offering about 4 at that stage, but if I remember correctly she wasn't finishing all of them - she was probably drinking about 3 worth. She was also eating lots of solids too.

A friend of mine was told by a LC (because her daughter was self weaning and mum wasn't prepared) that a 9 month old should drink a minimum of 600ml milk each day. So in theory if they are drinking 3 x 200mls you should be fine.

Ds had 4-5 of 200mls plus a few solid meals

DS2 is 9 months old and he has 4-5 bottles (250ml) plus 3 meals. But he's huge.

Huge.

Like, almost 12kg.

I think DS was having 3 bottles but would only have maybe 180ml each bottle. He would have milk and yogurt in his weetbix too.

My DD2 (9 mths) has 3 bottles a day (150mls) and three meals