Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how many mls is she having???

Default how many mls is she having???

I was wondering...

If i put 150mls of water in the bottle, by the time i add the formula it goes to 180mls. So Is Mia having 150mls or 180mls?

I think if you are looking at her daily requirement you would take the 150ml.

so say if theres 90 mls left in the bottle.. has she had 60 or 90mls?

hmmm. good point. not sure really. ?!? LOL

hrmmm now see my dilema? lol

I'm pretty sure you go off the amount once it's made up.....so 180mls in your case. I'm happy to stand corrected though!

well thats what i thought coz she always leaves about 60 mls in the bottle which means shes getting 120mls, which is normal for her. so im thinking of dropping the water down to 120mls (so 150mls) coz we are wasting a hell of a lot of formula.

Holly, you shouldn't mess with the formula/water ratio, if that's what you're talking about doing. And you shouldn't do half scopps of formula etc. Maybe you could have a little jug, or extra bottle, with some formula made up, ready for top ups? I hope YKWIM! I'm happy to clarify if you need me to LOL!

nah im not messing with it. Shes on NAN formula and its 150mls = 5 scoops and 120mls = 4 scoops, 90mls = 3 scoops and so on. can u reheat formula that has already been made up? can u keep it in the fridge? if so.. how long for?

You can keep it in the fridge........for about 12 hours I think? Hopefully someone who KNOWS exactly how long will pop in. You can't re-use formula that has already been heated, it must be consumed within one hour of being made up, or taken out fo the fridge.

That's cool about the quantities, I would just make it up with the 120mls and see how she goes.

i just spoke to my sister (she FF all 4 of her kids) and she said she would always go by the amount that the formula made. So in my case, 180mls. Mia's 1:30 bottle i put in 120mls of water and it went up to about 140ish and she took the whole lot. so now it makes much more sense.

if anyone else has anymore views on this, i would love to hear them.

queenbee Guest

Hollye, I've always gone with how much is made up. My DD is also on the Nan formula and has been formula fed from 3 weeks old. Yes 5 scoops in 150ml of water makes up the 180ml so I take it as that is how much she drinks.

I love the Nan, doesn't foam up too much and easy to mix up. I hope you are enjoying your lovely DD, she looks absolutely gorgeous! xx

yep NAN is what we have settled on.. its fantastic!!!

Holy molly - thats alot of formula and we thought we were going thru it fast - Bianca is on Karicare and 150mls = 3 scoops! 5 scoops would be 250mls!
    but as long as little Mia is happy that is all that matters!
    Good question by the way!

lol she doesnt have 180mls!!! she leaves about 60 in the bottle. thats y i was asking. The scoop for NAN is 1/2 the size of the karicare one, thats y its more scoops. The most Mia downs in one feed is max 140. if that makes sense. Usually she just has 100-110 tho.

sorry its not half the size. Karicare scoops=50mls of water and NAN = 30mls. so on the back of the can where it says 50,100,150,200 etc ours says 90,120,150,180 etc etc. So if our scoops were the same it would still be 3 scoops to 150mls.

yep i just confused myself,

Hahaha okay gotcha now!!!

How do u do up ur bottles? we boil our water - have them ready in bottle lined up on bench than when needed put formula in and heat up!
    Do u have to heat up the formula? on a hot day can B have it at room temp or cold from the fridge?

Hollye...NAN is very good our paed even said it was the closest out of all the formulas to breast milk..that is the formula we have been using the whole time and it is what Jack was on in the SCN/NICU.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast