Thread: Karicare Ar Formula your experiences

Default Karicare Ar Formula your experiences

My ds is 7 weeks old and has always been a chucky baby wet burps chucks when you lay him down or when he gets upset. So after trial and error I have just put him on KAricare AR formula it has been great he isnt as chucky and wet burps are gone, but I have noticed that he doesnt burp much and always falls asleep on the bottle. Is it because maybe the teat is too small and he is getting tired do you guys think. He is taking 150mls but at times does seem to want more but giving him a dummy seems to settle him. Should I be giving him more. He is waking 3-4 hourly for a feed, but noticed when he was one standard karicare he can sleep up to 5 hours. what do you guys think should I stay on this formula or not.
    I have a Health nurs app on wed so will discuss more then I hope they are helpfull LOl

hmmm can't remember any of that....i just remember both DS and DD were very chucky babies, and the karicare was the only brand that worked for them. they were heaps better after that! hope the health nurse can answer your other questions though, sorry i couldn't help

I used it with my last baby as he had reflux and it was the only thing he could keep down. I'd say that he is sleeping so long now as it can take a lot longer for them to digest formula, so he isn't waking up hungry again as quick as he would with BM, and I imagine that because it is thicker, that it will take a little longer again for him to digest it. I also found that I had to use a larger teat size as it wasn't going through the smaller ones and it would take forever for him to finish a feed.

I am finding taking over 30min to finish his feed he falls asleep on the bottle I think its the teat have to head out today so might get some more. He used to gulp down the normal formula gusseing that would be causing him to have alot of wind he seems more settled on this one.

I used this with both of my reflux baby boys... along with medication as required but found that I had to increase the teat size to allow for the thicker formula, I see it as sucking yogurt though a straw, the bigger the straw the easier it is.

Glad to hear he is more settled on the formula... may it continue

When my DD was on formula she was having Karicare Lactose Free formula with thickener added to stop her from chucking. It used to take her ages to finish her bottle so I changed teats to Pidgeon Y shaped ones - they are the sime size as the Avent teats so fit a wide neck bottle. This allowed the formula to flow easier for her and she started drinking faster.

I also found that once she was on the thickened formula - which AR is - she really cut down on the amounts of feeds she was having as it took longer to digest plus having the thickener had extra calories as well. By the time she was 4 months old she was down to 4 feeds a day and by 6 months she was on 3 feeds a day, although by the time she was 4 months she was also starting to eat solids.