Thread: Karicare HA-AR - I am soo mad, i had to write this...

Thumbs down Karicare HA-AR - I am soo mad, i had to write this...

Well karicare ha-ar has been unavailiable for the last two months now, which is the only formula my babe will have. i tried weaning, nup she hates it and wont have it... so the company have been helpful to the point of sending me a tin when i contact them, however its a crazy system as i go through a tin and a bit each week however they say due to it being an emergency supply they cannot send me anymore than one tin. you do the math... my child is going without her food because a company cant manage there supply. We arnt talking about something thats dispensible here, it fricking food to keep her healthy and alive... i am so mad that they say its my problem! Because if that was the case - if i ran out i could just go down to the shops and get more! but because of there non supply iam stuck having to manage and worrying if she will have enough food to eat.

GRRRRRRR

I wish my daughter would switch formulas, because i feel like bycotting this totally incompetant and unprofessional company.

have you tried weaning her from it onto cows milk by mixing the two?
    starting with say 80% formula 20% cows milk, then as you go reducing the formula til she's on straigh cows milk????

At 15 months I'd do what AJP suggested. When I had to use FF abruptly (nipples bitten) I defrosted some frozen BM and mixed it with the formula... worked a treat. Just try cow's milk instead of EBM.

Maybe get someone else to ring and also get a can a week??? A bit sneaky I know....

Is there any reason she's still having formula? Generally toddlers are well and truly over to cows milk by 16 months. Around 12 months is the usual age.
    Not trying to minimise your problem, but just don't want you to have to be stressing out over it unnecessarily....
    If it's just a matter of her not drinking I guess I'd be putting my foot down At her age if she's eating a good amount of solids and drinking other fluids formula/milk isn't as important anymore.

What about trying Nan Ha and getting the Karicare thickener that you can buy and thicken it that way.
    My DD has allergies to Lactose and that was the only thing she could drink- even when she was 2 years old we still had to use the birth formula and i would thicken it with the Karicare thickener
    Otherwise buy the Nan Ha and buy the thickener and thicken it yourself- its exactly the same then as the Nan Ha AR.
    If you want, you can buy the Nan Ha in little satchels so you can try one feed before you buy a whole can
    HTH
    Odette

We use Karicare formula and we had similar supply problems last year when the lactose free formula was unavailable. We couldn't get it anywhere in Vic. We searched high and low and had friends on the look out. It went on for over a month. My DD refused all other formula's. When I rang the Karicare 1800 number, I explained to them I had looked everywhere to no avail and so they sent me a tin every time I called them (1 a week). There were no longer term restrictions. It did get to a point where they told me that stock had been sent out to the suppliers and I couldn't get any more sent to me. It took another 2 weeks before it was in the pharmacy but they put some away for me as soon as they got in and I was there 2 hours after the truck dropped them off!!!! I now have a stock in my kitchen pantry! LOL. Anyway, call and try to reason with them. Ask why they are unable to send you more tins as you have tried every store within a certain radius to no avail. Otherwise get friends to call for you!

HTH

MG