Thread: lactose free or Goats milk formula

Default lactose free or Goats milk formula

My little one has been tested for lactose intolerance (I BF for 9 months) came back neg but I'm pretty sure its a cows milk protien alergy Pead will test that next. she is on LF formula now but am wondering if goats would be any good till I can get a supply back up. (I'm relactating after 2 months for her health even if its by EBM) She is 7kg at 11months born 40+6 at 7pound 2 She also has problems with wheat.

I would steer well clear of goats milk formula. I have posted this already in another thread tonight, but a leading US paed who was talking at a seminar series in Aus earlier this year listed all the reasons why it is not appropriate for babies. The levels of some minerals are way too high for a baby's system to digest without potential damage.

What are the signs that are suggesting a problem with dairy? Could it be the gluten problem?

every time she has any dairy she spends the next week throwing up and in pain but all my siblings and myself had the same problem till we were about 5/6.
    She is also getting tested for coeliacs but the 1st test was inconclusive due to age

Well it does sound like cows' milk protein then. Relactating is a really great thing to do - undoubtedly the best thing health wise for your DD although it takes quite a commitment. Good on you for giving it a go. In the meantime I'd suggest sticking with the LF formula if that's not causing any problems.

I wonder is there a formula based on the same as the A2 range of milk? My DH has issues with cow milk protein but can handle the A2.
    Is soy milk formula not an option? (I dunno never FF)