Thread: Is my DD Weaning?

Default Is my DD Weaning?

I am wondering if my frequently-drinking DD is starting to wean?
    usually she has 5 bottles in 24 hrs, 4 x 150ml during the day and 1 x 150ml overnight (dreamfeed)... the last couple of weeks she is only really interested in her lunchtime and bedtime bottle (drinking all of it) and only drinking 50-80ml of her morning and mid arvo bottles....im wondering if maybe i should start offering these 'smaller' feeds in a sippy cup as a way of weaning her? and offering just before her breaky and arvo tea?? then she would technically just have a bottle at lunch, bedtime and a dreamfeed...what do you guys think? she sometimes has water out of a sippy cup but usually plays with it and sprays it evewrywhere rather than focusing on drinking it, but im geting sick of makiing up bottles and throwing away half.... TIA girls

bump!

My DD1 started doing the same thing at about 10 and a half months so I just offered her a bottle in the morning and before bed...she was always a good eater and water drinker so I didnt think she really needed the milk she then decided herself she only wanted the morning bottle.