Thread: S26 AR Formula & constipation

Default S26 AR Formula & constipation

Hey all.

DD was diagnosed in the SCN with severe reflux and was put on thickened feeds (using s26 AR fomula) she used to be a regular twice a day pooer on her previous formula. (nan pro h.a) she's also on medicine to stop the burn and help reflux.

Question is, is there anything I can do besides warm baths and cycling her legs to get her going? She's a prem bubba and strains a lot.

Would apprciate any advice x Thankyou in advance.

Sent on the move with Tapatalk.

We had the same problem. Tried everything, including bottles with water and brown sugar.

In the end it was the formula causing the constipation so we had to change. We moved to s26 Gold as he was happiest on that one. I just dealt with being covered in vomit for 6 months. It calmed down once he started solids.

Sorry, I just double checked your post.

We were on the Karicare AR Thickened Formula. Might be worth trying to change?

For us we knew thickened formula was likely to cause constipation, (previous experience with friends/family) etc so we decided to stay on the Nan Ha, and have spew rags around for after a feed. Fortunately for DS, he wasn't affected by the reflux, it didn't burn or upset him.
    Thankfully he stopped spewing at 8months!

Good luck, hope she's going well at home otherwise!

We found Nan Pro H.A. was the best for Ds. He had reflux too that we ended up having him on meds for. Anything else he had constipation with. Otherwise try a bit of boiled water every now and then migth help. Thats another thing we did or try a different formula. Hope you get it sorted out soon. Poor little poppet.

I would give DS about 30-50ml of water with half a teaspoon of brown sugar in it. Worked like a charm. Also, we had problems with s26 brand and switched to Karicare AR. He stayed on that until I trialled him on regular non-thickened formula. He was great on that also.

HTH

In a place where Love is what we breathe!

We had to change formula with DD too. Is she too little for some very weak prune juice? Im not cluey with that kinda stuff. xx

I found that it was various formulas that made DS constipated. Whatever works for one baby might not work for another, but I found Nan HA Gold the best. I did try the S26 Gold and it really constipated DS. GL hun, it's such a tough journey sometimes just to find the right formula!

We are trying coloxyl drops. Fingers crossed they work. She has a massive hernia in her belly button, every time she strains, it pops out. its not painful the actual hernia, just the constipation.

As for formula, I can't take her off it until the reflux clears up.

Sent on the move with Tapatalk.

You could try just plain water, about 30ml, as extra, once or twice a day. By extra, I mean give it after a feed, so it doesn't replace milk. Brown sugar and prune juice might be little harsh on her tummy at her age and with her background,

Well yesterday was he first day o a new formula. Shes also on infants friend instead of infacol with ever feed.

Since starting the new formula we haven't had 3 hour long screaming episodes at all, and a tired bubs after feeds so she's sleeping much better. She's still constipated, and still on reflux meds, but we hope to have a massive poop tomorrow

We switched to Karricare AR its heaps thicker and fills her up longer and hasn't come up yet yay

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Yay indeed. Hope it works.