Thread: Is she hungry or what??

Default Is she hungry or what??

Now, I know that DD is different from other babies because of her Gastroschisis but help me out here!

She is 8lb 5oz (3.88kg). 14 weeks old. 8 weeks corrected age.
    She is on Nan Gold formula. She is on about 100-120ml every 3 hours.

But lately at night when she's about to go to bed we have to stop her after she drinks 160ml. If she drinks more than that she'll vomit and it'll come out her nose and we'll end up with a very sad little girl (lol).

What do you think?? Is she just hungry, what should I do?

I can't give her solids until we see the surgeons in mid-May.

I'm going mad here!

Hmm I'm not sure Charlotte, but could she have reflux? could that formula not be agreeing with her, perhaps a new one needs to be tried? I'm sorry I don't know much about Gastroschisis either. Just thought I'd offer some advice anyway.

I hope you can get some answers soon, have you booked in with the GP or local MCHN to see them perhaps?

Also, in regards to solids, she won't really be ready for solids until she's at least 5-6mths of age. That is the recommended age, approx 6mths for babies to be introduced to solids. Anytime before that, a baby may not be ready as they have a really immature digestive system hence milk (breastmilk or formula) is only needed in the first 6mths.

I hope I've helped somewhat.