Thread: So frustrating!!

Default So frustrating!!

this is more of a vent than anything.

DD is now 7 weeks old, ff on heinz nurture gold...She is lucky to drink 80mls at a time she has between 6 and 7 bottles a day she might finish one of them 100mls
    Most of her bottles are a battle...wind or crys or just flat out refusal.
    She feeds every 3 to 4 hours never any longer between feeds.
    We have tried colic relif and gripe water neither seem to make a difference.
    She was weighed a week ago and is gaining fine(she is on the 50% line)
    The tin says she should be drinking 150mls and next week up to 200mls(i fully know its only a guide and shouldnt worry about what it says on the tin)
    DD1 was also on heinz she never drank what it said on the tin(always less) but she was never hard to feed always scoffing her bottles.
    I just want her to want her bottles
    i want her to finish a whole bottle and maybe want a little more
    I want to smack out the ppl that say bottle feeding is easy

Sorry for my negative post im sure this will pass and ill think back an wonder what all the fuss was about.

I can totally sypmathise. My DS1 was like this as a baby. He was a shocking feeder and NEVER took more than about 80mls until he was well over 6 months. It was a never ending battle. I even ended up taking him to a Paed who said that he was happy and healthy and to just go with it. It was totally frustating thouugh.

I also now have an almost 7 week old little boy and he is a much better feeder than DS1 was, he averages around 120-130ml a bottle.

im feeling you hun, there is NO way bottle feeding is EASY.
    i am having a constant battle atm getting DS to take his bottle.
    i have recently put DS on solids so he has learnt to spit the food out so now he is doing that with his milk its so frustrating because i dont know if he is getting enough milk.
    i hope it starts picking up for you and DD
    Hang in there!!

Thanks hayles07 and brookemorrison

I'm sorry you're having so much trouble with FFing. Have you considered changing formula? I started on NAN for DD as I was told it was the closest in consistency to breast milk. Then when she was diagnosed as lactose intolerant, we changed to Karicare Delact. Both caused no issues for DD.

Thinking of you

MG

thanks MG, DD started on nan ha gold but it didnt seem to fill her so i switched to heinz but seem to be having the same problem now with the heinz so i dont know if i should try another formula or not I was thinking about s26 because atleast you can buy the sachets instead of wasting a whole tin??

jack was on 60ml bottles till well past 6 mths he just wouldn't take more he gained fine ate every 2 hrs though dont fret CHN like to freak us out mine went onand on about jack

at that age jade was drinking between 60-90mls per bottle 6 or 7 times in 24 hrs. she was on nan pro gold which worked well for her. you can get novalac for hungry babies which is thicker but then you can get probs with constipation. s26 gave her really bad colic/wind....also if you keep switching formulas it can upset thier tummy so stick it out hun and whoever said FF is easy, is crazy...!