Thread: Supplemental Feeding for BF Baby

Default Supplemental Feeding for BF Baby

Hi Guys,

Just wondering has anyone used Novoalac Hypoallogenic for a BF baby? I had a C/S and have had horrific trouble getting my milk to come in, and I still dont have enough even with Herbs, Pumping and Baby sucking so I am still comping with Formula.

Becuase it is looking to be for some time I want to make the best choice for bubs. Currently we are using NAN HA Gold because that is what the hospital was using (had to start comping at day 5 due to milk not being in :|) I don't like Nestle and was looking for something more permernant but it seems the most complete being 100% Whey Protien, and with DHA etc in it.

I want to get something that is easily digested for her so I know I need one that has Whey protien. Are there any others that have DHA in them in Australia yet? Both of us have history of allergies and exchema but no lactose intolerance, I just dont want to have issues with constipation and gas.

So hard with so many choices!

Thanks for the help

Sorry don't know much about formulas but maybe try a goats milk formula?

There are some prescription meds that can increase supply have you tried them?

Have you looked at the Karicare ones?

Yep on Motilium as well but still dont have enough Tried just about everything.

I'll have a look at the Karicare ones now thanks

Heinz nurture is 60% whey and contains DHA's, not sure if that is suitable.
    It is what I supplement feed both my prems when I had milk and weight issues and they had no problems.