Thread: Teats...

Default Teats...

Hi all.
    Just wondering what teats everyone uses on their bottles.
    Logan seems to be really windy. We have tried a few different teats.
    We thought he may have been constipated from the formula, but his bowel actions are soft.
    He is feeding every 2 hours, and is drinking anywhere from 50-70ml.
    I give him half his bottle, and stop him and burp, and then burp him when he has finished.

He is sleeping in his stroller as it is elevated slightly.

I swear by Avent bottles and teats......they helped all my kids the most. DD1 was the worst and once i swapped to Avent her windy and unsettled time after feeds reduced alot.

We've only ever used avent here. Sam had terrible trouble with the regular bottles the hospital used and would collapse the teats as a newborn premie and not be able to get anything out! We never looked back after changing to avent and we don't have huge issues with wind, either. We do tend to use infants friend or infacol to make sure we don't!

BW

We also use Avent.

Palmer still seems rather windy but the basic hospital teats would leave her shocking windy and pained. She seems to like the Avent much better and took to them right away.

Avent here too.

If they dont help, head to your chemist and try some Infacol.

I use cheapies. Just regular store bought bottles and teats. I do however un-screw them ever so slightly just before a feed so air can get into the bottle and replace the milk. I had Avent, but it did not really make a difference with dd.

BTW ds is windy like no tomorrow. It does not bother him, he just lets rip ... and then his sister gets the giggels: "He blew wind, he blew wind!!"

Avent here!

Thank you everyone for replying. We have decided that we are going to use Avent bottles. We also know they are safe from bpa.

Hollye- I went to the chemist the other day, but they said he cant have infacol until he is over a month old.