Thread: Thinking of changing formula.. HOW do I decide?

Default Thinking of changing formula.. HOW do I decide?

I am from Canada so not familiar with any of the brands. How do I choose?
    Is there anywhere that has a run down of all the formulas?

I am currently using S26gold.

Thanks in advance

Brisbane - where it is never like it should be.

Hey Miss

I tried that and J hated it. I now use Belamys, You get it from woolies.

S26 Gold gave my DD horrible reflux and wind so we now us Novalac and she is doing very well on it. Your best option would be to speak to your GP or your maternal health nurse (if there is such a thing where you are from)

With formula its pretty much trial and error though i do know swapping and changing can lead to upset tummys so when you switch stay on the new one for a while and see how bub is doing if there is still no improvement then try another.

Is there a reason that you want to change? I've used nearly every brand between my 3 I think lol

I have to agree with the others. Out of my mum's group, all the bubs were are different formulas - some just responded more positively to a specific brand/type than another. Strangely enough, all except for one didn't fair particularly well on S26.

We used NAN HA Gold just because it is easier on bubs tummy (the milk protein is already partially broken down which makes digestion easier). As it happened, our DS ended up on a prescription formula because he was allergic to cows milk protein (but that is besides the point). After he outgrew the intolerance we popped him back on NAN HA Toddler milk - again, just because it is easier on their tums.

Down side is that it is pretty expensive.

What issues are you experiencing on S26? Perhaps if you give us more details we can share our experiences and make more appropriate suggestions?

We used Nan HA gold just because that's what the SCN used. It worked great for us. I have heard a few people having issues with S26. Though more people seem to use it, and it is always on special. Never saw Nan on special

Thanks ladies, well he farts all day long. He does not complain but just noticed one person out of my bb group just mentioned she was on it and just switched due to wind and also waking more often for a feed.

He does however, not seem to be bothered other then the obvious farting and now seeming to be more hungry more often, event though his feeds have just been upped to 120ml.
    No crying or anything just noticed that there were many on here that did not go well on the S26 gold...

I don't know, just was given a whole whack load of samples at the chemist today of NAN Gold and now just considering it... Btw I am in Australia, just really clueless on anything baby as dd is almost 9.. Thanks for your help guys. xx

All 3 of my bubs have had S26 Gold. DD1 had a bit of constipation, DS was fine. DD2 I am managing to primarily BF (long story!) but she has some formula each day and is fine with S26G. Her bowel motions are quite loose from the BM.

I seem to remember that Nan has a high sugar content... or am I making that up??

I started out with S26 but my DS got really congested in his nose on it. My MCHN remarked that of all the formula fed babies, it was always those on S26 that sounded snuffly!
    As soon as we swapped to Heinz, he cleared up and has been great ever since I never bothered to buy the Gold version really, it can constipate bubs more than the regular.

I've tried S26 and it gave my DS really bad wind. Then I tried 3 more until someone suggested Nan HA Gold and it was the best of them all. Not cheap but Big W sometimes has it on special really cheap and my chemist around the corner has it at a everyday low price so that's where I bought it mostly from. Easy on his tummy and he seemed to like the taste. GL hun!

S26 Gold was 'ok' for my DD but I found Karicare Gold was much more like BM for her - it just agreed with her. If I couldn't get Karicare, I used NaN but I tried to avoid S26 aftering seeing how much better she was after drinking the other two.