Thread: What formula worked for you?

Default What formula worked for you?

Just wondering what formula's other people had luck with?

DD was on S26. She is pretty unsettled so the Doc said try soy formula. So we tried S26 Soy. Not much of a difference, but mabey less vomiting (shes a big chucker!!)
    So after about 3 weeks we are back on S26 not differnce again, but now shes vomiting all the time again. shes has to have new clothes every few hours. I dont really mind the chucking, its just gross, and must not be very nice for her!

Any suggestion on formulas that worked for you?

Thanks

S26 LF, dd chucked on all the rest, this was the only one she could tolerate. She was like your dd forever throwing up, don't miss the days at all.

We tried the LF and the reflux formula - and goats milk formula - nothing stopped the vomiting for Eden.

She is 6 months now and still vomits, although not as much as she used to. She is just on Karicare at the moment (was heinz nurture, but there was none at the supermarket and we had run out so I had to grab the only one there that wasn't a Gold one!).

Not much stops the vomit unless you try the reflux ones because they have a thickening agent in them to make it sit heavier in their bellies (I think thats how you describe it).

However, I'm not really that keen on giving my child cows milk formula (I dunno why, just doesn't sit well with me) so I'm thinking of switching to goats milk formula because DD1 was on that and I dunno... supposed to be closer to breast milk than cows milk formula.

Nan HA. Yep, only comes in a gold, but Sam didn't get constipated on it - he just didn't poo frequently, but they were always soft.

Sam was also a great chucker... but if he ever had a different formula the chucking would be even more extreme and just generally ick. We thickened it for a while and it made a small difference (more in that his puke was slower-moving and therefore easier to catch). When he got older it became evident that he had a slight dairy intolerance - the HA formula was ok, but the others were just BAD.

BW

Same as BW - NAN HA Gold (it is made by Nestle' in case you have an adversion to their products). DD had no probs with bowel movements or stomach issues on it. She was given this formula in hospital as a top up whilst I was still bf, so not sure if that helped 'introducing' it to her. Try not to change formulas too much b/c sometimes this can be upsetting on their tummies anyway & you need a little while to see how they settle on it (ie: 1/2 weeks). Is your DD a 'happy' chucker or upset when she throws up? If it is the later, she might need the formula changed & the thickener like Arimeh said.

DD was on S26 which made her constipated and spew a fair bit. We switched to NAN and she was fine and a lot less spewy!

wow, sounds like the NAN is the way to go. Shes not really a happy chucker, she gets a bit whingy. we tried the reflux medication Losec but it didnt really help at the time, but my child health nurse thinks mabey try her on it again if the formula dosent sort it out.
    Thanks

we have this problem with luke sought of we add karricare thickener to his S26 works a charm we are currently due to other problems weaning onto S26 gold and we dont seem to need the thickener

It really is a hit and miss situation. My first 2 children were happy chuckers and nothing I did prevented it. They just grew out of it around the 6 month mark. Both my older girls tolerated S26 LF over every other formula we tried. Good luck

It depends on why they are chucking too. We were told it was reflux but eventually worked out dd had an intolerance to lactose she couldn't cope with breastmilk or most formulas. For us Nan, karicare and s26 didn't work.

I kinda had the same problem when DS was just turning 3 months and got told by my CHN that SMA (which is made by the same people as S26) is a good one to use. He's been on that one since then and we haven't looked back.