Thread: What is a normal poo in a FF baby???

Default What is a normal poo in a FF baby???

My DD is just over two weeks old. I never FF my DS this early so have no idea what is normal for a poo and how many times a day? I know it can vary from baby to baby. But is it harder then a breastfed baby? She just did one before and it was greenish colour and like toothpaste. Thich but not hard. I'm trying to pay close attention but she poos once or twice a day. Is this OK? Or could she be constipated? Thanks

My DS is 7 months now so my memory is a little foggy but it all sounds right to me. The greenish colour is due to the iron added in the formula - or so I was told - and is completely normal. The consistancy sounds normal and FF babies poo is thicker than BF babies but should not be pebbles or nuggets. 1 or 2 times a day is good. I do remember at about 4 weeks my DS starting pooping about 5 times in a 24hr period. After about a week of this it settled back down to 1 or 2 times a day and the greenish poo's disappeared. I think it just takes them a few weeks to get their digestion all sorted out.

^^ what she said

yes all pastey sometimes just like mousse.other times a bit harder and when Ds was newborn,hed not go some days too.his was usually yellow colour or greenish