Thread: Food combinations

Default Food combinations

I am making a couscous salad tomorrow and bought some lovelly fresh figs for it. Thing is I have never eaten a fresh fig and was wondering what else would go nicely with it in the salad. I was thinking roasted pumpkin or zucchini?

Any other options?

Anyone?

I make my cous-cous salad with roasted pumpkin and/or sweet potato, chickpeas, a dressing of lemon juice, grated ginger, lemon zest and extra virgin olive oil, shredded mint and coriander leaves, finely chopped shallots and last weekend we chucked some marinated feta in too and it was extra yum.

Thanks Onyx. I ended up doing roast pumpkin and zucchini with sultanas and a lemon olive oil and seeded mustard dressing. Since I have not used figs before I gave them a miss and will find something else to do with them.

slice in halve sprinkle with brown sugar bake in the oven till soft. eat with vanilla bean icecream. yummo!!

I know I'm too late for this salad but for the next one.....fetta cheese and figs would go great together in that type of salad. Yummy!

Thanks ladies, I have some left over couscous so I was going to give the couple of the figs a go today with maybe some goats cheese but now that you have mentioned feta Aussiegirl I think I want that now

Liasandshuan, that sounds simple and yum. Dessert all sorted now thanks