Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Vegetarian Chatter #2

Meow, hope you are well.

I have been lazy with food, been having lots of soups (pumpkin soup... yuuuuuum) and baked veggies. Weather has been cold here so it's nice to have winter warmers. I've been really into salad sandwiches for dinner this last week, a bit random, but soooo easy considering its just me... no mess, just a chopping board and no actual cooking haha. I'll probably have that tonight, or maybe some steamed veggies. Nothing interesting heh.

surrounded by textbooks, cat toys and love

This is embarrassing. I've been vegetarian since birth, both my parents are vegetarian. I have a confession to make. I don't know how to cook lentils. HELP ME! My sister has recently been diagnosed with fructose intolerance and has cleaned our her pantry giving me loads of lentils. I know I love to eat lentils, but gosh darn it how do I cook them?? Dahl, burgers, casseroles, soups, give me all your lentil recipes!

Hi Kit! You have to tell me that name. I must know.

Anyway... dry lentils + water + heat + time = cooked lentils.

Red lentils - 1.5 cups water to every cup lentils, cook 10 minutes (split red) or 30 minutes (whole red) on high heat
    Brown lentils - About the same, cook longer.

There are a few lentil recipes on this random blog.

I've been having mild panics about DD being vegan and not getting enough. I ended up having a cry last night, and DH told me to go and find some vegan mama blogs. Which I did. And then felt a lot better. And pretty inspired. If I could make my memory card and laptop kiss and makeup, the blog would be a flurry of activity.

Dinner tonight is roast vegetable risotto. I'm going to cream some silken tofu to run through it, pump up the protein.

surrounded by textbooks, cat toys and love

Rock out, totally gonna get my lentil on today. Thanks!

PM'd you

Glad your left feeling inspired about your DD being vegan, I think your giving her a really good start in life.

Hey guys, we're just decided to go vego so I'm joining! Are there recipes and stuff on here...should I read back? Thanks!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

yup yup, there are heaps C~Q, read back and give a few a go congrats on your decision

Welcome C~Q!! There's heaps of recipes & tips etc in this thread. Audax has some yummo recipes on her blog too

Awesome will go back and check it out thanks!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

for Keike.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112