Thread: fruit and vegies in pots?

Default fruit and vegies in pots?

So it looks like we are moving into another rental. I'm not sure how long we will be there for but at the moment I have a pre-existing vegie garden.

Is it possible to grow a vegie garden in pots?

I have two grape plants that I want to take with me and I know they can be grown in pots, I'm just not sure how big they need to be.

I also have strawberries, do they need to go into one of those special strawberry pots?

Then there is the vegies, I don't want to leave this crop behind if I don't have to, Im just not sure how it would go with, 1. transplanting the existing plants and 2. growing in pots

We have this crop - pumpkins, snow peas, beans, beans, beans (dwarf variety), shallots, carrots, 3x brussells sprout plants, and 4x Tomato plants. I think that's it lol.

Not really sure where to start, if I can, and if I just cut my losses and begin again but in pots.

Thanks for any help and advice for my moving garden
    Last edited by BlackCat; December 29th, 2013 at 08:11 AM. Reason: forgot the Tomatoes

Default Re: fruit and vegies in pots?

I've done tomatoes, shallots, lettuces, capsicums & mini eggplants in pots, so I'm sure you can grow other things as well. You can even grow some veggies (eg pumpkins, melons) by splitting open a bag of compost & planting the seeds in there. Use good quality potting mix & keep the water up to them & they will do well.

Default Re: fruit and vegies in pots?

Thanks heaps Marydean, looks like I have some work to do