Thread: 2 week wait!!! Sucks!

Exclamation 2 week wait!!! Sucks!

We are just starting the beginning of the 2nd week of our 2WW.
    I keep thinking I should do a test because surely, if I was pregnant it would show up for me! It wouldn't work for other people but it would for me..
    I'm LOSING MY MARBLES!!!

My partner says to wait another week but she doesn't understand that it WILL tell ME if I'm pregnant. She obviously doesn't want to get disappointed with 3 or 4 days in a row of BFN even though we "might" be BFP!

Does anyone else go this nuts during this time or should I seek help?

We own our own salon and it's crazy busy leading up to Xmas so it should be distraction enough. But, NOPE! Not for me!

Please tell me there are other freaks out there just like me!

Hehehe it's hard I know, I was testing from 6dpo (just couldn't help myself!!) and I got my BFP on 8dpo.. mind you, I had a pack of about 40pregnancy tests I bought online so I could afford to start testing early! Good luck!

It truly is the longest two weeks of your life......

and THEN you have to wait another two weeks until the 6 week scan to see if there's a heartbeat/baby in the right spot and not ectopic ( which they might only do for IVF babies )

I agree, two weeks is TOO LONG

Yeah, it super sucks. I'm at 7dpo, so waiting it out til Sunday (last time round got a bfp at 10 dpo)
    It is too too long to wait!

And then, if it is a BFP, have to wait even longer for vaibility scan because we'll be in Japan. BUT we'll be having so much fun that I think I won't really notice it so much

Hi Super troopers,

I know, it's the longest two weeks EVER. We did really well and managed to hold out testing until dpo14 but that's mainly because we knew there was a chance that the fertility meds might give us a false positive

The only thing that was helpful for me was to just to think how we live in such an immediate world where we want everything NOW but actually the 2ww forced me to accept that it was Mother natures way of saying "you just have to wait, these special things take time".

And Sally2's right, the waiting doesn't end there, we had the same nervous wait for the 6 week scan and now we're currently waiting for our 12 week scan next week hoping to see the Sprout looking happy and healthy. Starting to feel a bit like an expert waiter

Anyway for a speedy 2 weeks and a fantastic at the end of it.

Red face

Great!
    So we are all crazy!
    I don't feel as loopy anymore.
    We did our first at home insem with my girlfriends bestie as a known donor.
    How did you guys do it and how long did it take?
    I hope I don't have to keep doing this over and over and over again...

Thanks for your support. I'm new to all this...

for it working first time for you guys.

We did IUI using an anonymous donor at a clinic in Sydney (and then spent the arvo at the aquarium thinking happy swimming thoughts) and fully expected it to take a good few goes but whoopla, it worked first go! Still very hesitant though, early days, only 6 sleeps till the next scan.

We very new to all this too so always happy to help when we can.

K&H

WOW!!
    K&H!
    That's tops!
    1st go. That's awesome.
    10 weeks huh? Is it you that is pregnant? How are you (is she) feeling?
    You've made it this far...
    How exciting for you both. Is this your 1st baby? For you both?
    I'm so pleased...
    We have a girlfriend and they did home insem with known donor and they fell 3rd go only doing it twice every ovulation. They have a lovely 2 year old.
    IT WORKS!!!

Hey, we fell pregnant on the 4th at home (hotel lol) insemination using known donor from another state. We only did one insemination the day before I ovulated on the cycle I fell pregnant. Good luck, let us know how you go!

Wow Miskilla!
    That's awesome! 4th try!
    How exciting...
    Is it you that is pregnant?
    How are you feeling?

Thanks Yeah Im the tummy mummy this time, my lady will have one in a couple years using our same donor then I'll have another after that! We're hoping to have a few kids!
    I've been feeling really good lately, bubs has been kicking the last few weeks which is awesome and Im getting quite a round tummy on me! Had bad sickness from 6-11weeks but nothing much since