Thread: AI/DI in Sydney

Default AI/DI in Sydney

Hey folks, I have a question, im looking for clinics in sydney or NSW that offer anonymous AI/DI. Anyone got any ideas? Im researching now, but if anyone has any personal experience with them, id really like a heads up!!

cheers

Default lol apparently no one knows

hey folks

lol looks like no one knows, but hey guess what?? I do!! lol if i had to wait for any of u folk to get preggas id be in serious trouble (joking)

I found a cpl of websites, LOTL advertises one and when I phoned a fertility Hospital they gave me another. HUGE shortage in Oz for donor sperm, Im sure none of you are suprised I was completely unaware though. The clinics I found are very helpful though so Im pleased I searched sorry about my rant on the other post, I realise it may have been a tad rude so im sorry if I offended anyone in here.

How is everyone doing? It's been awhile since I was online, having time out from it all.
    Who's pregnant? Who's trying? Who's charting? tell me tell me..

Alright, it's almost time for dancing with the stars, a few chores to do before hand so take care folks, I hope you all had a wonderful weekend

Lea79 Guest

Hey D&M,

Haven't seen u guys on this forum for a bit. Well me n Sel r getting a tad excited about starting TTC in 6 weeks. Our Donor who lives in Sydney will be flying up here. I wanted to book flights now but him and Sel say to hold off until the day I surge and he will quickly fly up. Our donor says it is what he has done in the past with other couples he donated to and its always worked out fine. He says even the most regular of cycles stuff up just when you book flights lol. We have bought a few things too lol. We thought we might have been getting ahead of ourselves a bit but spoke to others and well u have to be prepared! Hopefully things will be positive this Christmas!

Hows everyone else going now?

Cheers,

Lea n Sel

Default advice

Hi everyone,

my advice stay away from fertilty first - just a tip... and go with ivf australia - we were very happy with the nurses and help there...

best of luck

levi

p.s lea n sel - is your donor a physiotherapist by any chance???

Lea79 Guest

yes, why is that?

Lea79 Guest

You can PM me if you want to share any info Levi. We are open to feedback since we haven't met him in person yet, just chat on the phone/email

Default hi

hi,

is that yes he is a physio? anyway email me at [email protected] and ill be happy to tell you why.

nothing bad - don't worry!

Levi

Default thankyou for the advice

Hey there folks

Hiya Lea n Sel, yes we have been really busy and we needed a break from the baby talk, but we are now making our way back
    Im happy to hear you are almost there! Gosh time flies doesnt it! I don't remember if I had said anything but we are building a new house on our property and finalising renovations on our original, which isnt easy as its a 150yr old house. I had some great news last week, i got a promotion at work !! wootwoot..

back to you, I hope the timing goes to plan Lea, how long have you been monitoring yourself and what kind of things have you been doing for this? Hows Sel feeling about it all? there is so much to think about isnt there. Being prepared is a good thing, financially especially. if you have most of what you need and you can score stuff on sale now then why not, you are going to eventually need it anyway. Im looking forward to having a chance to go shop/window shop!

Levi, thankyou for the tip, they look really good on paper and I understand thats what marketing is about. If you have any other info about them and you don't mind telling me why, id like to hear about it!

ok folks, Lea n Sel tc, good to hear you are doing well
    Cheers Levi

bye

Lea79 Guest

Wow D&M thats awesome to renovate such an old house, thats like a little dream of ours, *sigh* someday... and yep time does fly only one more cycle and its time to start TTC. Jeez its not long til you guys are there too. My cycles have been monitored since about April/May this year. I dont have any issues with my cycle, sometimes a day or two out on AF but ovulation is always day14 on a 28 day cycle so we are quietly confident we wont have too many issues TTC, have had everything checked out by family planning and all. Sel and I had a lengthy chat last night and we really cant wait til it all comes together. We have decided to go private when the time comes. I have always worked in the public system and think its fantastic but we have private cover and have plenty of support working where I do. I just love how family centred the private hospital is, Sel can stay with me through my whole hospital stay and not have to get kicked out when visiting hrs are over. We are going in this together and we want to share it all right from the very start. Why should Selena miss out just because I will be the birth mother? The staff at the private hospital here are lovely so shouldn't have too many issues even tho its a catholic hospital. There is always old fashioned midwives and staff who dont approve but I know we will be supported by most of them. If I didn't work in midwifery I might have thought about going public but I feel confident in knowing my body and dont feel I need quite so much support as someone who doesn't know what to expect. Who knows, I might react totally different when I'm in the situation but we have made a decision that we both are happy with. We are pretty much prepared for everything financial/legal/physical. Although we are prepared we really dont wana be mums who are overprepared and everything has to go just perfect. Making mistakes is all part of becoming mums, how are you meant to learn any other way? I see it everyday, the mums who want to maintain control over what happens when they have a baby are those who break down, their milk supply slows down and things turn to s^&*. Really dont want that! Wana stay relaxed and calm about everything, thats when things turn out imperfect but perfect for you :-) Jeez I have rambled on a bit! I am happy you guys are getting ready for it all and congrats on your promotion!, let us know how you progress. Good luck!

Leanne